PDA

View Full Version : Darn Ignition Switch!!

FL_Stang
05-08-2001, 09:12 AM
Ever have one of those days where you know that the powers that be must have figured out that you were not going to be broke this particular paycheck so they have to figure some way to fix that? I was doing ok, then I go to start my Stang and the darn key wont go all the way in. I think something in the locking mechnism broke off inside the ignition switch, I can see something in there that does not belong, but cant get it out of the way. Well, this morning I get the pleasure of having it towed to get in switched out. Just when you though it was safe......

Topless89GT
05-09-2001, 11:50 PM
Well I hope the stang is turning on again. Where did you take it to get it done? I only ask, because if it wasn't the Ford dealer, they may not of known about a recall for the ignition switch. Maybe the car was done before and this incident isn't related, but it may be prudent to stop by the Ford dealer and let them see if your car had the recall fix. As I have said before, these cars do have electrical gremlins. LOL

FL_Stang
05-14-2001, 11:00 AM
Got it fixed at a local Ford dealer, they did not say anything about a recall, but the price was right, so I suppose I can't complain. This is something I could have done myself, but it was worth it to me to not have to spend the time on this week. This is my daily driver after all. I just have to say though that despite the gremlins, I love this car!!!