PDA

View Full Version : Cruisin topless

FL_Stang
04-02-2001, 12:55 PM
Well, this weekend marked the first of what I hope are many weekends filled with cruisin in the 5.0 with the top down. Upper 70's and Blue skies make me happy. Took it to the local Disc Golf course, folks liked it a lot. I am liking this car more and more. Got pulled over, he ended up warning me, then complimenting the car. Life is good with a Mustang!

Rons-87
04-02-2001, 01:47 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by FL_Stang:
Well, this weekend marked the first of what I hope are many weekends filled with cruisin in the 5.0 with the top down. Upper 70's and Blue skies make me happy. Took it to the local Disc Golf course, folks liked it a lot. I am liking this car more and more. Got pulled over, he ended up warning me, then complimenting the car. Life is good with a Mustang![/QUOTE]Yep!!know what you mean.just about toppless weather here.I have an 87.Draws lots of looks.Yes they can get you in trouble!!!But man is it fun.!!!

Rons-87
04-02-2001, 01:51 PM
Knock on wood i have not been pulled over.Unfortunately one of my boys can't say the same.

FL_Stang
04-02-2001, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I need to get a pic up on the board. Have to take one and have them scan it at work. The weather has been nice here for a while, but I just bought the Mustang, and I fully intend to use it for topless cruising most of the year!! What color is yours?

Rons-87
04-02-2001, 02:03 PM
It is white w/white top red interior,red stipe around body moulding.yours?

FL_Stang
04-02-2001, 02:16 PM
It has just been painted pearl white, gray interior - cloth. I like the cloth, last time I had a convertible the seats were leather, and they got hot as ****!! Looks like they painted the molding on mine too, as it is pearl white as well. Looks slick though, but I wirry that they painted where it may not stay on. I will see, all else failes, I can just sand it off, do the prep work, and have it painted again. Dedicate a couple weekends, and the paint job turnes out so much better than trusting a shop to do good prep work. I just went outside, and there is no clouds to be seen, about 75 degrees. When I get off work the top is going down again!!

DaveR_GT
04-03-2001, 01:03 PM
It's FREEKIN SNOWIN here again!!! (NW PA)

Sheesh, man, I have yet to cruise with the top down. All I've been able to do is put the top down in the garage and pretend! http://64.21.184.154/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Dave Reiser
'92 GT conv. Powerdyne, TFS heads, GT40 int., AOD, 3.73.....

Rons-87
04-03-2001, 09:24 PM
The moulding is white with the red tape in side.My twins painted my car.did a heck of a job.(In vocational school)

geo_geer
04-04-2001, 12:34 AM
So far, I've had my top down every month of the year (I think thats pretty good for Canada). Stupid mother nature decided to dump 2 feet of snow on us in the last 48 hours. There's still lots of days left in April.... http://64.21.184.154/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
1990 5.0 LX Convertible
Stock... until money comes in this summer
www.geocities.com/geo_geer (http://www.geocities.com/geo_geer)