PDA

View Full Version : Carefull who you bench race with

Joe92GT
03-23-2001, 01:29 AM
I was at a speed show talking with a few peole about cars in general, and mustangs. I was asking this guy about his, and he's telling me its a 96, but with some work done. So I told him we'd have to run for fun some time next time the track opens. Well after a bit I asked him what kind of intake he was running, and when he said edelbrock duel carb my ears perked. apparently he is running a 515 inch ford with twin holly 850's that runs low 8 second passes...
that would be one **** of a race for my 13 second car, ha?

------------------
92 Mustang GT
Mods: World Products Windsor Sr. Heads, B303 cam, GT-40 intake, 70mm throttle body, 75mm mass air, MAC fenderwall induction, long tube headers, high flow cats, MAC catback, tremec 3550, 3.73 gears, auborn locker.Mac upper and lower rear control arms, lowering springs, 12 degrees timing. 250 HP, 294 Ft/lbs at rear wheels
Best time: 13.7 @ 103.1 MPH

mike g
03-23-2001, 05:34 PM
maybe you'll get lucky and you'll see pistons and rods flying all around when he launches =)

you can always dream cant you? hehe

Topless88
03-23-2001, 07:26 PM
You never know who you come up against. My buddy took his original 14K mile 87 Grand National to this "turbo experts" house for him to look over. My buddies car is tweaked and runs very low 11's. This tech seemed like an idiot at first so we question him as to what he's doing etc etc so finally he opens his garage to reveal an 850hp porche911 turbo with a heavily modified grand national engine in it!!! All custom hand fabricated etc done himself! This guy loked like I wouldn't trust him to put air in my tires. Just goes to show ya can't judge a book by its cover. I decided not to ask him to race me.

smokedu
03-23-2001, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Joe92GT:
I was at a speed show talking with a few peole about cars in general, and mustangs. I was asking this guy about his, and he's telling me its a 96, but with some work done. So I told him we'd have to run for fun some time next time the track opens. Well after a bit I asked him what kind of intake he was running, and when he said edelbrock duel carb my ears perked. apparently he is running a 515 inch ford with twin holly 850's that runs low 8 second passes...
that would be one **** of a race for my 13 second car, ha?

How fast is your top speed? I was wondering if I should get 3.55s or 3.73s.