PDA

View Full Version : SHO

Baywolf
05-03-2001, 03:33 PM
i havent been around much lately as i am haveing some troubles in life right now but i was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge about SHO tauruses as i just bought one was wondering about horse power on an 89 and if anyone knows of a good site to get some info on my new car but i gotta say it is one leathal family car well hopefully ill be back to check for replies soon

NiteWolf
05-03-2001, 05:27 PM
I believe if I'm not mistaken that the first gen SHO's produced between 200-215HP. They're definitly quick cars and great sleepers.My neighbor has a 95' 5 speed that is supercharged and he can dust mustangs and camaro's alike. People underestimate the SHO's power.

Bill_Laird's86gt
05-03-2001, 05:47 PM
Heck yeah there quick! 24 valve v-6 motors can really hum. I had a 87 buick grand national before my mustang (it got stolen!!) and that was one quick car to play around with. People under estimate the power of american 6 cylinders too much. Mine had 150,000 miles and could still get up and go with a lot of cars. If they ever find it i'll own 2 of the best cars that were produced in the 80's. Mustangs were my first real love but couldn't pass the GN when i had a chance. http://64.21.184.154/ubb/wink.gif

npokorn
05-08-2001, 05:21 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Ford made the SHO tauruses in the early 90's with a 24v YAMAHA v6 engine. The ones with that v6 were really quick, I'd say if you were to get any taurus sho to go with the year with that engine in em

Justin 93LX
05-08-2001, 09:51 PM
1989-1995 SHO 3 Litre DOHC Yamaha Motor

1989 Taurus SHO, 5-speed, 15,519 were produced.

In the model year 1989, Ford introduced a great 4 door sports sedan that rivaled the BMW 4 door sports sedans, for about half of the cost. The most impressive attribute of the car was the Yamaha 24-valve DOHC engine. The car was filled with tons of great options like 6-position power driver's seats, front and side sun visors, sun / moon roofs, premium sound system, LEATHER interior offered, Power everything, and lots of little holders for things. :)
The features of the 1989 model include :

Yamaha 220 HP DOHC Engine
5-speed transmission
15" basket type rims
0-60 in 6.6 seconds
3300 Pounds
5-Speed Only
Power seats with lumbar support and side bolsters
http://www.shoacop.com/

just go to yahoo and type in 89 taurus sho

DaveR_GT
05-08-2001, 11:05 PM
I traded my previous mustang in for an '89 SHO. Family was growing and needed a larger car. It was the best comprimise I could come up with for a performance family car. No way I was buying a minivan! http://64.21.184.154/ubb/smile.gif

Try to find another manual shift mid size car... nearly impossible.

That was a fun car. Caught a lot of people by suprise when I could smoke the front tires all the way through 3rd gear!

------------------
Dave Reiser
'92 GT conv. Powerdyne, TFS heads, GT40 int., AOD, 3.73.....

Baywolf
05-31-2001, 11:56 AM
thanks guys well ive had the sho about a month now and let me tell you im not selling the mustang yet but i think this thing has found a permanant home in the garage right next to the pony it isnt the raw power trip the mustang is but it has loads of refinment and room and i can still smoke the front tires and sadly for my gt i have to say not only does the 7000 rpm redline ensure a higher top speed that my mustang i personally feel it handles a little bit better on sharp curves due to the longer wider wheel base and better weight distribution

Baywolf
05-31-2001, 11:59 AM
by the way i wonder why ford never stuffed the yamaha v-6 in a mustang? sounds like fun to me

Mark
05-31-2001, 05:31 PM
Visit www.shoshop.com (http://www.shoshop.com) They have a lot of info and add on's for sho's , but they dont come cheap.

5.0 killer
06-07-2001, 03:31 PM
Why not a mini van? Those 2.0L turbo caravans really pack a punch! Big turbo, big boost, big chevy stomping power! Theres a guy on the east coast that has run like 13.1s, and a friend of his went 12s.

arabysho93
06-19-2001, 10:42 AM
As you can see from my screen name, I was once the PROUD owner of a 93 SHO. They are great cars. Probably the best "sleeper" car around. Unfortunately mine was an auto, but the 5-speeds are incredible. Like you said, it's not the raw power of the mustang, but once you get the rpms up over 3500, they're stong, real strong.

I can send you alot of info that may help you with your sho. We have a forum just like this on Delphi, which is great. Also, I have several websites you can order parts from if you need to. Just let me know if you want the info.

Aaron Raby