1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board

1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board (http://www.mustanggt.org/forums/index.php)
-   United States - West (http://www.mustanggt.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Northern Cali Owners -- Where You At? (http://www.mustanggt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42112)

84GT Ragtop 12-27-2005 09:55 AM

Northern Cali Owners -- Where You At?

Okay, I know I'm not the only Stanger around the SFO/Sac area with one of these kick A$$ rides.

Rick (93 Wht GT) is in Saint Jose somewhere, and I know there must be more -- let us know where you're at and we'll see if we can't get something organized this summer. :beertoas:

Rob

93 Wht GT 12-27-2005 09:58 PM

Hey Rob!
Yeah, I'm here in San Jose just East from Sunnyvale.

There are some cool spots around town for picture taking. Do you have a recent photo of you car? If we do hook up, then we can post pictures of our cars together.

How about mid-part of Jan?

Rick

84GT Ragtop 12-28-2005 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93 Wht GT
Hey Rob!
Yeah, I'm here in San Jose just East from Sunnyvale.

There are some cool spots around town for picture taking. Do you have a recent photo of you car? If we do hook up, then we can post pictures of our cars together.

How about mid-part of Jan?

Rick

Mid-Jan sounds very good to me. The kids will love it. I meant to email you back about last month but I spent way too much time, money, and energy getting the car to pass smog. Good news is I was able to polish the valve covers, and paint the valve covers' PCV and Air Cleaner pieces gloss black, while I had her partly disassembled. That really helps it pass smog... :devilgrn:

Can't really see it all, but I know it's there!! :biggrin:

The most recent pics I've got are on FourEyedPride. I haven't figured out if we can add pics here or not.

http://www.foureyedpride.com/phpBB2/...p?user_id=2511

Rob

93 Wht GT 12-30-2005 12:03 AM

Hey Rob,
My car is due for a Smog Test this year. And get this, I'm being sent to the Test Only Center. Hopefully, I will not have a problem with my Saleen headers.

Villa Montalvo (up in Saratoga off of Hwy 9) is one of my favorite places. There are some nice spots around Santa Clara Univ especially around
Mission SC. And maybe on a nice summer morning, we can take pictures
around Santa Cruz and the boardwalk (another favorite place of mine).

Happy New Year, Rob!
Rick

84GT Ragtop 01-08-2006 02:56 PM

Man, I totally missed your post. Happy belated New Years, Rick!!

Yep, I was forced to go to the test only site too. VERY STUPID!!

My Dad works at Steven's Creek Saturn and I always get my cars smogged there. But not this year. The guys there had a very valid point when we found that out too --- if a car is so old and likely to fail smog because of that age, why the hell not test it at a repair station?? They can fix it there!!

Instead we're forced to go to a Test Only station and figure out how to fix it ourselves if it fails -- how retarded is that?!?

Turns out my Test Only tech, who shall remain nameless to protect his identity in case of Smog Nazi retribution, actually did the steamclean to get mine to pass.

rob

Instigator Al 01-12-2006 07:56 AM

Hey guys,it would appear that the registry is completely dominated by the east coast and upper midwest etc. Im in SO CAL but I lived in the Bay Area for 6 years. Half moon bay, Foster City , Sunnyvale , and finally Manteca before I had to move my family back to this hell hole. Maybe some say day we could hook up . I have been dying to have another fox mustang owner drive my car and give me his immpressions. And visa versa. A cruise to Vegas perhaps. That is if you guys think its okay to hang out with someone from SO CAL.:beertoas:

Al

84GT Ragtop 01-13-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Instigator Al
Hey guys,it would appear that the registry is completely dominated by the east coast and upper midwest etc. Im in SO CAL but I lived in the Bay Area for 6 years. Half moon bay, Foster City , Sunnyvale , and finally Manteca before I had to move my family back to this hell hole. Maybe some say day we could hook up . I have been dying to have another fox mustang owner drive my car and give me his immpressions. And visa versa. A cruise to Vegas perhaps. That is if you guys think its okay to hang out with someone from SO CAL.:beertoas:

Al

Hey, Al! Anyone with a Disneyland near him is okay with me. In fact, I'm still trying to get the kids down there this year - maybe Lego-land too.:bananadan

I would love to do something somewhere, time and money permitting (neither of which any of us have much of, eh?). Rick and I still haven't gotten together yet (too cold and wet lately anyway) but definitely plan on it sometime this year!! :great:

Let's all keep in touch and we'll see what fortune 2006 brings - I'm planning on winning the lotto so will graciously foot the bill when the time comes. :beertoas:

Rob

93 Wht GT 01-14-2006 03:29 PM

Hey Al & Rob,
If we carefully plan it, maybe we can hook-up somewhere in the middle of this large state of CA like Santa Barbara. Taking pictures at Mission Santa Barbara would be a nice back drop for pictures of our cars. Been thinking about taking pictures over at Mission Santa Clara, but will wait until Winter is over.

How does this sound, guys?

Hey Al - I do plan on a trip to Anahiem. My cousins live there and in Carson and Huntington Beach. And of course, a 3-day Hopper Pass to Disneyland & Disney CA. Rob - you are welcome to join us.

Rick

84GT Ragtop 01-18-2006 07:21 PM

That sounds like a great idea. I'm sure the beast will make it down there, just don't know what kind of shape we'll be in by the time it gets us there!! :smile:

That'll also give me reason to finish painting the front and rear fascias and put the new hood stripes on. Now if it would just stop raining long enough to warm up on a day I'm off...

rob

Instigator Al 01-26-2006 08:53 AM

Hey Rick and Rob. Whenever you guys decide to come to LA pm me . We can get together for sure and take some pictures and share experiences .:banana: Maybe a cruise down PCH. Ill be here through June or July before I pack up and move to the Midwest.

AL

Stewart 01-27-2006 04:11 AM

Just poppin' in to say hi.

The 5.0 was stolen and stripped almost 4 years ago. Unfortunately it still sits in my garage, waiting for an infusion of cash to rebuild it better than it was before.

Before the Cervinis stuff....
http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/f...-829-13546.jpg

After the Cervinis stuff, at the Reno Mustang Show. A couple months after this picture was taken, it was stolen from me while I was in Sac.
http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/f...-829-13545.jpg

Now my daily driver is a '99 Lightning.

I pop in here once-in-a-blue moon to see what's going on, but I mainly read the forums over at NLOC and SVT Performance.

You guys should check out a new club that just formed. www.CA-Mustangs.com Lotta guys from the Bay area and Central California having GTG's and planning major events with other California Mustang clubs.

Take for instance the Knotts Berry Farm show. Ca-Mustangs along with a few other clubs are trying to get a convoy of over 100 Mustangs for the trip down to SoCal.

Plus, a lot of the peeps are into racing. We go to Sac, Infineon, and Famoso during the year.

Check it out. It's a pretty upbeat club.

Stewart

84GT Ragtop 01-29-2006 01:57 AM

Hey, Stewart - I just joined that forum last night. Not too surprised there aren't many early Foxes on there - nice rides everyone has though! I look forward to getting to know everyone here locally through the club -- looks like a great group of weirdos just like me!

Sorry to hear about your car -- that must suck. It did look awesome at the Reno show so I hope you get it back the way you want it. Also hope they caught and killed the arseholes that did it.

rob

Stewart 01-30-2006 03:03 AM

They never caught the bastiges. It was recovered 6 hours later on the mean streets of Sac.

Yeah, not a lot of Foxbodies...and I'm the only L...but you're right: A good bunch of weirdos. :)

Stewart

ALMOST STOCK 04-26-2008 08:52 PM

Sunnyvale 18 yrs; before 101 was a Freeway.

San Jose/ Campbell 12 yrs; just before the housing market went nuts.

Currently Monterey Bay 25 yrs. :biggrin:

84GT Ragtop 07-12-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALMOST STOCK
Sunnyvale 18 yrs; before 101 was a Freeway.

San Jose/ Campbell 12 yrs; just before the housing market went nuts.

Currently Monterey Bay 25 yrs. :biggrin:

I wonder how I missed this. I love your location info - Prunetuckey. :great:

Just as an fyi to anyone around the south bay, TPS (used to be Apex) Motorsports is having their grand opening all-Ford car show car on Sunday. Rick hooked me up with the info and I'm trying to make it out there, though will be too late to enter my car.

http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/

Rob