WANTED!! 1982-1993 Mustang GT Documentation and Information
We need YOUR help in gathering information for the GT Registry!!!
One of the primary purposes of the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry is to collect as much information on these cars as possible and become a "one-stop-shop" to assist other owners with their quest for information. However, the registry needs YOUR help to make it successful!! While we do all we can to gather information on these cars ourselves, there is only so much we can do by ourselves.
We know there are a lot of you out there that have much-needed information and we'd love to have you share it with us and other GT enthusiasts!!
There are a bunch of ways you can help:
- Register your 1982-1993 Mustang GT in our registry database.
- Encourage other 1982-1993 Mustang GT owners you run across to visit our website, check out our information, and enter their GT in our registry database.
- Collect data from other 1982-1993 Mustang GT's you run across (in junkyards, for sale, at car shows, etc.) and enter that information into our registry database.
- Provide us copies and/or photos of any of the other documentation and information we're trying to collect. We encourage you to upload anything you can share to the appropriate Reference Gallery sections. When you register your GT into our GT Registry database, we also encourage you to submit copies of your window sticker and build sheet (if you have them). You can upload them when you submit your GT Registration form. We definitely prefer that you submit your documentation and information via our online Reference Gallery or registration forms, however, if necessary you may email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to the address listed at the bottom of the page.
Here's a listing of what we're looking for:
From individual cars -
- copies/scans of window stickers
- copies/scans of build sheets
- body buck tag info and photos
- axle tag info and photos
- door tag info (certification label) and photos
- owners card tag info and photos
- other tag and decal info and photos
- detailed photos of your original GT (exterior and interior photos of original, unrestored cars documenting items such as original options - both inside and out, original engine compartments, original decals and tags, date code stamps, and other changes from year to year that would aid in assisting fellow GT owners with their restoration project) - our goal is to get photos of at least one GT of every color (exterior and interior) as well as photos of as many different options, etc. as we can!
- original owner stories related to ordering or purchasing (i.e. long wait for delivery due to production problems or unavailability of an option you wanted)
Other info specific to your car that you may have received from other sources -
- copies/scans of "Eminger Invoices" available for sale from Marti Auto Works (only available for Mustangs up to 1986 at the current time) - per the Marti Auto Works web site, "These are the original documents that were used by Ford for billing to the dealer. They contain the complete option list and, generally, the wholesale and retail costs of the base vehicle, all options, and shipping. The original dealer the vehicle was shipped to is also included on the invoice along with the trim code, date the invoice was prepared, and several other items."
- copies/scans of "Marti Reports" available for sale from Marti Auto Works - Marti Auto Works has obtained Ford's licensed production database and sells reports containing original production information for your car and personalized statistics of how many cars were produced like yours
- copies/scans of Ford's FREE "Vehicle History" reports (also known by Ford as "999" reports, "history 999" reports or "build" reports) - available by calling Ford Customer Assistance at 1-800-392-3673 (USA) or 1-800-565-3673 (Canada) - to get this report you will have to work your way through the phone tree choosing the "other information/other inquiries" options until you get to a live person then you will give them your car's VIN and your name, address, etc. - these reports are also available by using Ford's customer assistance email form (type in your request in the inquiry box including the VIN - don't use the VIN box as it won't take your VIN) - one word of WARNING - Ford's reports are well known for frequently containing inaccuracies and errors
- copies/scans of information and/or reports from the now defunct "Third Generation Registry" (Stew Jones) with production info and details on individual cars
Other literature and documentation we're looking for -
- dealer invoices
- dealer order forms
- dealer delivery forms
- dealer ordering sheets/info
- "rapid-spec" ordering guides
- "rapid-spec" price lists
- dealer sales "facts books"
- owner's manuals
- factory press releases
- factory press photos
- factory sales brochures
- any other factory or dealer literature
- magazine articles
- magazine advertisements
Any information you might have on the following special Mustang GT models -
- Twister II's (1985)
- Canadian Cobra GT's
- Turbo GT's 1983-1984
- any other regional or other Mustang GT "specials", etc. from 1982-1993
PLEASE HELP US BY BY SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION!!!
Please be aware that any and all information sent to us is NOT considered to be confidential and private information and may be used in the interests of the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry. By sending us any form of correspondence, you give us permission to post the contents on our web site (unless you specifically request otherwise at the time of mailing).
Our GT registration forms:
Our GT Reference Gallery:
Our e-mail address is:
Our USPS address is:
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry
6901 Northview Drive
Urbandale, IA 50322
Thank you for helping us out!!!