1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Announcements > Welcome New Members
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

Welcome New Members A little area to welcome our newest members! New members stop in here and introduce yourself to the rest of the group!!

Old 01-27-2018, 02:33 AM   #1
khouji

Default Hello Folks

Hi guys, I'm the newest member of the crew. My hobbies are playing computer games, watching sci-fi movies, and reading books. I do hope to get along with everyone.
khouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:05 PM   #2
rjs86gt

Greetings from SW Michigan and welcome to the family.

Other vehicles in the fleet -
2011 Chevrolet HHR
1999 Mercury Sable with DOHC 3.0L 220,000 miles
rjs86gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:00 PM   #3
rjonec

Default First Post

Hi There,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group.

I have a Light Regatta Blue 85 GT with a 5 speed. It has 28000 original miles and it still has the original Gatorback tires. It has most of the original paint except for the hood and front fender as the original owner had an altercation with a deer in 1990. The only non-original parts on the car are the air filter, battery, plug wires and spark plugs. The main options on the car are AC, Convenience Group, Power Windows and Locks, Premium Sound, Sun Roof, and Rear Window Defrost.

Driving the car turns back the clock to when my girlfriend Kristin (now Wife) at the time purchased a new Red '85 GT 5 speed with T-tops. Originally, she special ordered a 1984 1/2 model from Downey Ford in January of 1984 when we were in college. The dealer contacted us several times to let us know that the order was delayed for unknown reasons. In the summer of 84 the dealer called and said they had to cancel the order because Ford couldn’t fulfill the order on the 205 Hp 1984 1/2 engines as they were experiencing piston failures during durability testing.

This was a major disappointment for Kristin at the time as there was no way she was going to purchase a 1984 model knowing there was a 30 Hp engine upgrade to be had sometime in the future. Plus, the dealer was holding her $500 deposit for almost 7 months with nothing to show for it. The dealer explained to us that they could carry over the existing order on the new 1985 model.

That summer I was working at a company ASSCO that made name plates for the Automotive OEMS and was a Ford supplier. I was able to get some information from Ford on the major changes the 1985 Mustang would have over the 1984 models. Not only were there significant upgrades over the 84’s but there was another 5 Hp over the much touted 1984 ˝ model. Kristin’s disappointment was over when we took delivery of the car in late October of 1984. The 210 Hp and look of the Mustang was the best yet for the Fox Platform. That spring we had the little 85 GT running at Willow Springs Raceway with the Cobra Club and it held its own over some of the stock Shelby’s.

Over the years we have had our share of Fox Mustangs including a Red 86 GT and a Teal 93 Cobra. I have lots of great memories with these cars. Nice to have one in the stable again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 85 GT.jpg (52.4 KB, 4 views)
rjonec is offline   Reply With Quote