1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Other Topics > The Front Porch
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

The Front Porch Kick back, relax and get to know everybody - tell us about yourself, share stories, bench race, talk about non 1982-1993 GT related topics, etc. (This is NOT anything goes - please keep it clean and civil!) NO political posts, please. Also, please do not list items for sale here - they will be deleted without notice.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:35 AM   #1
MustangGTorg-Kathy
GT Registry Founder

Default Just wanted to say "HI"... let me know how things are going with you...

Just wanted to say hi to anybody who visits...

It's pretty quiet around here right now since we've been off line so long. 2016 (and it turns out 2015) were not good years for me personally... long story which I will not go into here, so the registry was WAY on the back burner hence why we were off line so long. But I've realized the registry and website IS one of my passions that keeps me going, so I couldn't let it die.

I have MANY things in the works. So far I have transferred to a new webhost with more hosting space, upgraded the message board and now I'm working on a whole new revised website based in Drupal behind the scenes. I can't wait for that to be rolled out as it will give the website a whole new look plus it will make it much easier to maintain. After that... I would like to add some features that will improve the website to being the one-stop-shop for 1982-1993 Mustang GT's that it should be.

Since life is still a rollercoaster for me, I'm not sure how fast this is all going to happen, but these are my plans.

Anyway, if you stop by, say "HI" and let me know how things are going with you. And consider sticking around and checking in once in a while. I'd love to get our big family feel back here in the forums...

1965 Mustang coupe (my first car - now restored to concours driven)
1985 Mustang GT hatchback #1 & #2 (SOLD)
1988 Mustang GT hatchback (daily driver - SOLD)
1989 Mustang LX 5.0L trunk (SOLD)
1991 Mustang GT hatchback (modified go fast - autocross, open track)
1991 Mustang GT convertible (summer cruiser - guy magnet - SOLD to daughter #1)
1991 Mustang GT hatchback (daughter #2)
1992 Mustang GT hatchback (daughter #1)

*****PLEASE click here to REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!*****
MustangGTorg-Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:21 AM   #2
KS 82 GT
Ambassador

Thanks for getting it up and running again!

Glad to see the site back online. I missed it (and just found out that it was back). Sorry you've been going through not so good times

Mine's been a whirlwind of too much activity. Work has been too busy, been working on chairing the 2017 MCA Grand National, the last couple of months have been occupied with my parent's health and housing issues, and in my spare time I've been trying to work in bike rides (last year I participated in RAGBRAI for the 4th time).

The Mustang has been sitting since the fall before the 50th anniversary shows. I'm in the stalled process of replacing the carpet, installing a 1993 vintage NIB Kenwood stereo, hiding an XM radio, and replacing the seals. I drove it a half mile to get gas in it (and managed to draw police attention, but not enough where they noticed I didn't have the latest sticker on the plate). That is the only mileage on the beast in the last 2+ years. Need to get it on the road!

That's it for me! Looking forward to having the site come back alive!
Old 01-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
MustangGTorg-Kathy
GT Registry Founder

Nice to hear from you!!

Sounds like you've been really busy. We haven't had the cars out much except for a few weekly cruise nights at a restaurant a few miles from our house. My '65 started acting up (not wanting to idle) towards the end of the summer and we never got around to getting it fixed so that put an end to the cruise nights. We spent a lot of time camping and boating during the summer so that put a damper on the car activities. Hoping to change that for next summer...

I didn't know you did RABRAI... that's cool. I've considered doing a couple of days, but never seem to get the time to get in condition to do it.

Feels good to be working on the website again... I've really missed it.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:21 AM   #4
TN86GT

Glad to see the site back up! I've been checking frequently, and just now found it was back. Life sure changes over time, but these cars are still, and always will be a passion for me. Good to be back on here!

86 GT hatch 27k original miles, SOLD 6/17/08
87 GT 'vert 45k original miles, bone stock
TN86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:00 PM   #5
MustangGTorg-Kathy
GT Registry Founder

Welcome back, TN86GT!

I've been working feverishly on getting the site back up and a completely new look to be introduced in a matter of weeks, so I'm glad there's a few people out there still checking in. (Especially considering how long we were off line.) Once I have the new look up, then I'll start publicizing the site like crazy so hopefully it won't be such a ghost town around here. I really don't think there are many people that know we're back up and running.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:44 AM   #6
Justice
Ambassador
2010 Donating Member

So happy to see the board back up again. It's been far too long since I've stopped by. This place is alway like a second family and I've missed that. Maybe this should be my kick in the pants to get the Mustang up and back on the road. It's been sitting for over a year now.
Pro-50 Shifter, Strut tower brace, BBK Shorty headers-2 1/2 inch exhaust-high flow cats-40 series Flows, 73mm C&L Maf, aluminum drive-shaft, 6g alternator. (Parts sitting in garage, F-cam, Typhoon intake, 65mm FMS TB, lowering springs, 3.73's )
Best 1/4 mile (stock) 15.3@???mph, due to bad driver.
2000 SVT Contour #1545 of 2150
1993 F150 215,000 miles and kicking.

Please Click Here to Register Your 82-93 GT
Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:16 PM   #7
MustangGTorg-Kathy
GT Registry Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
So happy to see the board back up again. It's been far too long since I've stopped by. This place is alway like a second family and I've missed that. Maybe this should be my kick in the pants to get the Mustang up and back on the road. It's been sitting for over a year now.
It has been like a second family to me in the past, too. I'm with you on getting the Mustangs back on the road... too many other distractions for me. But now that should be coming to an end.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:00 PM   #8
art51059

Default Welcome Back!

This certainly was a pleasant surprise; definitely the best thing to happen so far this year. Between losing one of our 'kids' (four-footed) and Becky needing surgery, we've been looking to send 2017 back for a refund!

Hope all of your problems are behind you and that you, David and family can have a great 2017.

Best regards,
Art
art51059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:39 PM   #9
MustangGTorg-Kathy
GT Registry Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by art51059 View Post

This certainly was a pleasant surprise; definitely the best thing to happen so far this year. Between losing one of our 'kids' (four-footed) and Becky needing surgery, we've been looking to send 2017 back for a refund!

Hope all of your problems are behind you and that you, David and family can have a great 2017.

Best regards,
Art

Sorry to hear you've been having a tough year... glad you're here, though!

Kathy

Old 01-29-2017, 12:52 AM   #10
Shakerhood

Very Glad to see the Site is up and running again, sorry to hear of problems!
Shakerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #11
Augie88GT

Hi folks,

I'm glad to see that the site is up and running again. I was shocked to see Kathy's email in my inbox. I thought the site was gone permanently.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:25 PM   #12
sts90

Thumbs up

Shocked to see my 'birthday' email today!!!! It has definitely been a while!!
Here's to a new year!

Steve
sts90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:09 PM   #13
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b
Ambassador
2009 Donating Member

Default I'm baaaaack!!!

So GREAT to have the Registry back up and running!!! Kathy, you're the best! Dave, you're second-best!!! LOL!

Don't know where to start!
Last era I was on, I'd had a couple cancer scares. Now, however, I can declare I am officially a 2 year cancer survivor!!! It was a bit of a road, but could have been a LOT worse!
After the cancer surgery, I was finally able to have the back surgery I've needed for, like forever! My spine is loaded with a very aggressive form of degenerative arthritis. It almost totally disabled my L3, L4, L5 vertebrae. The surgery was successful in structurally repairing my spine, but residual nerve damage still needs to be repaired. I'm seeing another doctor for that issue.
After the back surgery, I had to do 3 weeks of PT, which caused 4 ulcers in my weakened abdomen post the cancer surgery! So, another trip to the OR.
Now that's better.

While I was going through that stuff, LNor was in a local shop. I think I posted on that, but to cut to the chase, the engine was rebuilt (!), the pollution control power-robbers were deleted (no inspections in Florida!), and a few small items taken care of. LNor SCREAMS now!!!!

And, once again, we're expecting now, our 13th grandchild in April!!!

And now, my Ether-home is back online!!! What more can a guy ask for?

WELCOME BACK, EVERYBODY!!! ( I hope Chris is lurking out there somewhere!)

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson
“The best government is that which governs least.”
variously attributed

A/R "Swirl" wheels
FRPP clutch/flywheel
subframe connectors
BBK catted H-Pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust
Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold

Click HERE to REGISTER YOUR GT!
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:02 PM   #14
mike g
2010 Donating Member

YAY! I've been checking often and was seriously bummed about the site being down, and all the people and info we've amassed over the years just being gone.

Things have been going well over the past couple years. Got my mustang up and running spring of last year and went for an amazing ride with my buddy in his 2006 gt(back roads ftw). Then this winter I've been doing some work on it. Upgrading to cobra brakes in the front(previously pbr) and rear, Manual brakes, manual steering, gt40 intake, dakota digital dash(freaking amazing), rebuild rear end and install 3.55 gears, weld in my subframe connectors, and installing a PHB...I think that's everything I have planned hehe.

Just ordered a 10hp diesel engine for my snowblower, but that's a project i won't need till next winter hehe

thanks for bringing the site going, and keeping it going!

mike

1967 F350 stake bed
1986 mustang gt
2006 F150 fx4 5.4L
mike g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:12 PM   #15
LT-84GTturbo

Default Welcome back!!!

It's nice to see you back online. Thanks for the email letting people know! I had given up on checking the site for updates.

If you ever offer merchandise again, I loved the white T-shirts with your logo that were offered on the site many years ago. I had one that I completely wore out. That was a great design. Our car is almost ready to show after 3 years of restoration and it would be nice to have a new registry shirt to wear to shows. I would buy at least 2 or 3 mediums.

Still can't believe you're back. This year keeps getting better and better. Keep up the good work!

-Larry

owner # 4903
car # 5028
LT-84GTturbo is offline   Reply With Quote