1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Other Topics > The Front Porch
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

The Front Porch Kick back, relax and get to know everybody - tell us about yourself, share stories, bench race, talk about non 1982-1993 GT related topics, etc. (This is NOT anything goes - please keep it clean and civil!) NO political posts, please. Also, please do not list items for sale here - they will be deleted without notice.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:31 PM   #1
Chris-90LX
Ambassador
2010 Donating Member

Angry Chinese Buick Envision to be exported here!!!

Wow!

I can't believe I just read about this on Yahoo.

Buick has this crossover car called the Envision they build in China and now plan to send to over to us here.

Holy $hit!!

One day as a teenager back in the 1970's, I was sitting at the barber shop with my dad. One of the waiting customers with us was really pissed off. Turns out that he had just bought a new Regal for his wife and undenounced to him, it had a Chevy V8 in it. Ed had always bought Buicks. Over the years, I can remember seeing his ongoing affection with the LeSabres. I guess poor Ed never read the fine print saying, "ENGINES BUILT BY VARIOUS DIVISIONS". This was a real slap in the face!

IMHO, this was the beginning of the end for GM. Later on, I hated to see Pontiacs and Oldsmobile cars go away. I always embellished fond memories of the GTO's, Firebird 400's, earlier Grand Prix cars, Trans-Am's and the 442.

Buick should call this new car the Invasion!

I hope this is the biggest mistake besides the Chevy Vega!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...port/31906129/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_Envision

Last edited by Chris-90LX; 11-13-2015 at 05:34 PM..
Chris-90LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:34 AM   #2
Augie88GT

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing the news. I wasn't aware of that.

It won't be the first mistake that Buick made. About 15-20 years ago, I remember reading a newspaper article by Tom & Ray Magliozzi. They were discussing a small Buick. I think it may have been the Reatta, but I'm not sure. They called it a "mistake". They wrote, "It is Buick's mistake. Don't make it your mistake by buying one." (or similar).

But that advice is true. The best way to defeat these sorts of things is for people to not buy that product. There is the old saying, "Let the market dictate what happens". But people are stupid. They will buy the cheapest junk they can get their hands on. That's why Walmart is doing so well selling Chinese-made products.

I am not even sure if Buick should exist in today's market. I really don't see a place for it. They have lost a tremendous market share. When was the last time you saw someone buy a Buick? You don't even see them on the road. At least, I don't see them here in New York City. You would think they ceased to exist 10 years ago.

As you stated, GM already phased out their Oldsmobile and Pontiac divisions. Maybe it's time to phase out their Buick division. I honestly don't see a place for it in today's global automobile market. Buick is a dinosaur. They should have done that (phased it out) 10-15 years ago. GM should have 2 car divisions: Chevy and Cadillac. That's it. Ford has only Ford and Lincoln. They phased out their Mercury division for the same reason: low market share.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:22 PM   #3
Shakerhood

Buicks best selling vehicle in America today is made in Korea, I guess that's where they got the idea to also use Chinese made ones too.
Shakerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:38 PM   #4
Augie88GT

Hi folks,

After posting here, I spoke to my cousin. He informed me that Buicks are considered "status symbols" in Asia. And they sell very well there. I guess that is why they are still around.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:52 PM   #5
Shakerhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie88GT
Hi folks,

After posting here, I spoke to my cousin. He informed me that Buicks are considered "status symbols" in Asia. And they sell very well there. I guess that is why they are still around.
Yeah I believe Buick is some sort of Status Symbol in China too, guess GM figures they can cash in on importing them over here.
Shakerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:53 AM   #6
wydopnthrtl

China is getting more and more costly. Some suppliers have been moving factories to cheaper parts of the world. Ironically Mexico is emerging as a good balance between stability and cost.

You know it really comes down to greed on everybody's part. Manufactures who want ever increasing profits.. workers who want ever increasing benefits... buyers who want more for less AND no responsibility for how they use/abuse the car.. buyers who haven't saved from past labors so they enslave themselves (future labors) to banksters who are more than willing to "loan" currency that they don't even have...

And so what do we "educated" Americans do? We keep on doing the very thing that's debased both our blue & white collar work forces. And then to top it off we debase our currency by borrowing excessive amounts of currency thats not even entered the markets!

We live in crazyville!! I for one an very confident that darker days lay ahead for our nation.

Last edited by wydopnthrtl; 11-28-2015 at 09:59 AM..
wydopnthrtl is offline   Reply With Quote