1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Other Topics > The Front Porch
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

The Front Porch Kick back, relax and get to know everybody - tell us about yourself, share stories, bench race, talk about non 1982-1993 GT related topics, etc. (This is NOT anything goes - please keep it clean and civil!) NO political posts, please. Also, please do not list items for sale here - they will be deleted without notice.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
Augie88GT

Default I am so psyched (Rush)!!!

Hi folks,

As some of you know, I am a huge Rush fan. On Thursday, I was listening to the "Howard Stern Show", as usual. One of Howard's staff members, John Hein, is a huge Rush fan also. He was discussing Rush's 40th Anniversary Tour. He mentioned that they would be playing here in New York City in June. This was the first inkling I had of this. I hadn't heard anything about it.

Sure enough, later that night, I checked my email inbox. And there was a message from Rush.com. Rush is playing at Madison Square Garden on June 29th, 2015. Rush.com member pre-sale tickets went on sale last Friday morning at 10:00 AM. In typical fashion, they give only about 18 hours notice.

Needless to say, Friday morning, I ordered my ticket. When it arrives, it is going to be my "new best friend"

Or maybe my "new second-best friend", after my Mustang GT.

Since being stricken with my illness in 1990, I don't leave my house much. I missed 3 Rush tours (1992-2004) because of my illness. For the past 11 years (since 2004), about the only time I leave my house for some enjoyment has been Rush concerts. That's why it is such a big deal to me. That and the fact that I am such a huge Rush fan.

I am sure that John Hein and Richard Christy (from the "Howard Stern Show") will be there at MSG that night. If I see them, I'll say "Hello". They were at the last Rush concert I attended (at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn, NY). That was Rush's "Clockwork Angels" Tour in circa 2012. I didn't see them, but I know they were there because they talked about it on Howard's show.

I am so psyched!!!
Old 10-09-2015, 10:18 AM   #2
Augie88GT

Hi folks,

Yesterday, I received an email from Rush.com. Rush's "40th Anniversary Tour" concert DVD is now available for pre-order. The release/shipping date is 11/20/15, but you can pre-order it now. I saw the concert live in June at Madison Square Garden. I'll be ordering my concert DVD soon.

I also decided to check the Roger Waters website. I saw him perform "The Wall" live at Madison Square Garden back in 2010. He's been on tour (Europe, etc.) ever since. And I've been waiting for the concert DVD to be released. There must be some sort of synchronization here because Roger's announce date and release date are both the same dates as Rush's. Roger also made his announcement yesterday, and his release date is also 11/20/15. Coincidence? As of today, only the audio portion of Roger's concert (CD, LP) is available for pre-order. But the DVD will be available for pre-order soon.

Anyway, I know that many members here are GenXers, like myself. And some of you are Rush fans. I know that Chris is a Rush fan, but he is no longer a member/moderator here. Some of our Canadian members are Rush fans. So, I just figured that I'd let everyone know.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:06 PM   #3
Chris-90LX
Ambassador
2010 Donating Member

When I was in high school, The Wall was a very big album. I remember a buddy of mine painted some of The Wall's graphics onto his '74 Pontiac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie88GT
............Anyway, I know that many members here are GenXers, like myself. And some of you are Rush fans. I know that Chris is a Rush fan, but he is no longer a member/moderator here. Some of our Canadian members are Rush fans. So, I just figured that I'd let everyone know.
Augie, I still haunt the hallways and keep in touch with some local members near me.

I just thought it was in everyone's best interest that I step down since I sold the LX and have moved onto other interests. David and Kathy will likely pick up another moderator if they feel they need one.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:13 PM   #4
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b
Ambassador
2009 Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-90LX
When I was in high school, The Wall was a very big album. I remember a buddy of mine painted some of The Wall's graphics onto his '74 Pontiac.

Augie, I still haunt the hallways and keep in touch with some local members near me.

I just thought it was in everyone's best interest that I step down since I sold the LX and have moved onto other interests. David and Kathy will likely pick up another moderator if they feel they need one.
I thought I heard the echo of chains rattling in the dark, deserted hallways! Please stick around! Who knows, your metal detector may uncover a garage find a blue over titanium GT!

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson
“The best government is that which governs least.”
variously attributed

A/R "Swirl" wheels
FRPP clutch/flywheel
subframe connectors
BBK catted H-Pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust
Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold

Click HERE to REGISTER YOUR GT!
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:04 PM   #5
my83gt

Hi there!

RUSH are one of my fav bands too......I've seen them a bunch of times and the last one was the 40th anny tour in Toronto. I might just be on the DVD they released shortly after!

What an awesome show!

my83gt is offline   Reply With Quote