1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > General Tech > Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

Modifications Changes from the factory stock setup - performance and appearance. What to buy next? What works & what doesn't?

Old 03-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #16
Xinstaller

This is the second week of progress. There has been more unseen damage as the car has been taken apart. Who knew that you could use 1/2" thick bondo? Did I mention that there were only 3 nuts holding in one of the quarter windows also? I am waiting on the rust encapsulator to come in so I can coat everything and hopefully prevent some rust for atleast 10 years... I'll try to post more next weekend as there will be no work done on the car this week.

Xinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #17
Xinstaller

Hi everyone, I can't believe that it has been over three years but I do have an update on my project. Just a quick background on why I have been MIA for some time, in 2010 right when I started my project, my wife and I found out we were pregnant in April, in June we fond out we were having twins, in August my wife was on strict bed rest and we became "High risk" and then in December, 2010 out Twins were born 1 month early. So, for the last, almost 3 years my project has actually been going forward and I have had no time to jump on the forum for updates. I am happy to say that I choose to go a resto mod style for the car. I am at the point of having to decide what to do with the interior. (Stock tweed, leather or the new 03 cobra style seats) Now, i do have a lot of pictures as the car was being worked on, unfortunately I was not the one taking pictures so they will not be as good of quality as what I had posted earlier but i do have a lot of pictures. And, they are not in any chronoligical order but I will try to organize and post them. (I also have to relearn how to post pics! lol)
Old 06-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #18
John,

OUCH, time and money is the best way to describe any hobby...as for the size issue when up loading pictures from a digital camera, size matters. Set your digital camera to it smallest pixel setting it has.
John, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #19
Xinstaller

Ok, so I am still organizing my pics and there are a few I am missing. But, before I start posting random pics of the work that has been done (still organizing) I'll post a pic of what my engine looks like before being installed. Just so everyone is aware, the car is painted and engine installed.

Last edited by Xinstaller; 06-27-2013 at 08:30 PM..
Old 06-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #20
Xinstaller

All I did to the motor that came with the car was freshen it up, the upper intake and valve colors are painted in silver, its not chrome or polish. For some reason the camera took the pic like that.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #21
Xinstaller

I have been having not such a great time trying to organize the pics. I have gone through maybe 10 cell phones over the last 3 years and there are going to be duplicate pics posted. I apologize in advance for any duplicate posting. Unfortunately, they will not be in order of progress, but I will try to keep all prep/metal work, priming, and painting grouped as best I can.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #22
Xinstaller

More of metal/prep before priming.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #23
Xinstaller

Another batch.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #24
Xinstaller

And more.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #25
Xinstaller

And more again.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #26
Xinstaller

And that was last batch of the pre-primed stage before the motor was put in place. Everything was taken off of the car, except for the dash. There were 2 additional pics in the batch, but I think they were posted beforehand and I did notice that there were a couple of duplicates posted. Unfortunately, because of all of my cell phone swapping, all the pics have new created dates and I can not organize them by date. I will try to post more pics later this week.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #27
Jeffer65

Thumbs up Thanks for coming back and keeping us updated

Your car is going to be awesome when it is done. I love T-top cars.

Please keep the updates coming, and congrats on the twins.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #28
Xinstaller

Thanks Jeffer, I know that in some pics there is a cobra wing, and a rear dominator bumper on a fox body. The wing is mine but the car is not. I bought a cervinis 93 cobra style wing to put on my car but I wasn't feeling it since I was keeping the GT bumper. Once I realized that I would need a different bumper to compliment the wing, I decided to go a resto mod theme for the car. Exterior wise, the only difference is the hood and wheels. Even the color is a slight twist on the factory dark shadow blue metalic (original color). In a way, I am glad it took this long to get my car to where it is at without having to make split decisions right away. Now, off to upload more pics so I can post on the boards.....
Old 07-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #29
Xinstaller

Default updated

Ok, here are a few more pics. I tried to put them in order as best I could. This is the first priming of the car.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #30
Xinstaller

Part 2 of 4, I think..