1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Other Topics > Members Helping Members
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

Members Helping Members Need a car or part looked at out of your area?? Need help with something else far away? Post here and get help from or help out a fellow GT Registry member.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:17 PM   #1
N6772Foxtrot

Default 79 Indy Pace Cars

Ok everyone I went and looked at a 79 Indy Pace Car, I am looking for information on these early FOX 3 Cars....any Help, decided this car looked like a better deal than the Twister 2 in Kansas. I looked in related links and have not found anything and am strking out on the search engines....anyone know anything about these at all or ever own one?
http://www.mustanggt.org/forums/atta...1&d=1133115087
1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 002212.jpg

Last edited by N6772Foxtrot; 01-29-2006 at 11:45 PM..
N6772Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:04 PM   #2
ddwood55

I owned one back years ago. And wish I still had it. Of course they all looked the same as far as paint and interior. Mine had the 2.3L Turbo engine and 4 speed transmission. Mine also had the lift out sunroof. I loved it.

Delos
ddwood55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:16 PM   #3
FoxChassis

No such animal as "Fox 3". It's Fox, or Fox platform, or Fox chassis.

http://79indypace.stangnet.com
Old 11-27-2005, 11:28 PM   #4
N6772Foxtrot

Sorry I meant 3rd Generation Mustang Fox Chassis....did not know we had to be so correct here.
N6772Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:31 AM   #5
MustangGTorg-David
GT Registry Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6772Foxtrot
Sorry I meant 3rd Generation Mustang Fox Chassis....did not know we had to be so correct here.

well not all the time
MustangGTorg-David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:48 AM   #6
MustangGTorg
GT Registry Founders

Quote:
Floyd, don't worry about it... we knew what you meant. Generally, we're not the type of people to get so hung up on terminology.

That pace car looks pretty sweet by the way. Did you have a chance to go look at the Twister?

Kathy
MustangGTorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:04 AM   #7
Chris-90LX
Ambassador
2010 Donating Member

Quote:
What ever you do, please don't ever refer to these cars as a "Fox Body"!

That comment goes well beyond a faux pas here.

In the past; during a breach of etiquette such as that one, tribal feuds have erupted and many people have been hurt or seriously injured!

I got voted off the island twice!
Old 11-28-2005, 11:24 AM   #8
Mike K.

Ok fill me in here why is saying "foxbody" so bad? Is that not the body style of our cars? I guess I just don't understand

1966 Chevy C10
Mike K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:57 AM   #9
MustangGTorg-Kathy
GT Registry Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K.
Ok fill me in here why is saying "foxbody" so bad? Is that not the body style of our cars? I guess I just don't understand
Well, here's a link that should help clear that up a little for you... http://www.mustanggt.org/forums/show...hlight=foxbody. I would have explained it here, but going to that link will maybe help you understand that what Chris was saying was kind of "tongue-in-cheek".

As I said above though, generally we're not the type of people to get so hung up on terminology. I would rather that people aren't afraid of posting here because they're worried they're going to use the "incorrect" word. Life's too short to worry about stuff like that.

Kathy
MustangGTorg-Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:14 PM   #10
Mike K.

cleared that up thanks

1966 Chevy C10
Mike K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 04:06 PM   #11
WILDHORSES

It looks like Fox Chassis has a pet peeve. I know now never to say that word. I beleive that is what I always called them. Thank you for the new knowlege. Like a lot of us say this site is full of knowlegeable people. Now if I could only figure out this spell checker I will be happy
Mostly stock
WILDHORSES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:36 AM   #12
GTat60

OOOOOOOOKAY.......I know a whole load of folks who've owned Mustangs for 30 odd years or so, and they refer to these 3rd gen Mustangs as Fox platform or "Fox body" Mustangs. Do I understand now that this is incorrect
GTat60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:57 PM   #13
SpeedKillz

if you wanna get THAT technical then i guess yea, it's incorrect...but it really ISN'T that big of a deal...it's not like calling it a "Fox Body" is gonna cause the car to be totalled out or not run or something...it really doesn't matter...but the "CORRECT" term is Fox Chassis...

Josh

1978 Chevy K20 Shortbed
9" of lift, 38" tires, X-over steering, 454 with mild Comp cam, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Hooker headers, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, 4-speed manual with granny low, '99 Dodge power seats, 5" cowl hood, custom paint with flames..."Through The River And Over The Woods..."
SpeedKillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:46 AM   #14
Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedKillz
if you wanna get THAT technical then i guess yea, it's incorrect...but it really ISN'T that big of a deal...it's not like calling it a "Fox Body" is gonna cause the car to be totalled out or not run or something...it really doesn't matter...but the "CORRECT" term is Fox Chassis...

Josh
Fox or Fox Chassis is the correct term, like Josh stated. But Fox Body is an accepted colloquial term.

Well, accepted by almost everyone.

Stewart

PS - Floyd, I was going to post my buddies website for ya, but Mick beat me to it. Ian no longer has his 79 Pace Car, and he's since moved to Austrailia, but the last time I checked his email links were still valid. So if ya need to contact him, he'll respond. By the by, Ian used to be a member here back when the original format board was used.

1999 F-150 Lightning
- WMS Stage 4 Long Block, Kooks L/T's, MB trans w/2400 stall, 255 Walbro's, 60lb injectors

2000 7.3L PSD Excursion
- John Wood built tranny, AFE Stage 2, MBRP, GTP 38R, DP-Tuner F5 chip

1990 Mustang GT 5.0 hatchback
- Stolen and stripped, waiting to be rebuilt and reborn

Last edited by Stewart; 01-27-2006 at 04:27 AM..
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:11 AM   #15
Stewart

Default Heya N6772Foxtrot

Floyd, I tried to respond to your PM but you're not accepting PM's.

Drop me an email at StarGazr9z at aol.com

Heh...my brothers name is Floyd....you're the only other one I've met with that name.

Stewart

1999 F-150 Lightning
- WMS Stage 4 Long Block, Kooks L/T's, MB trans w/2400 stall, 255 Walbro's, 60lb injectors

2000 7.3L PSD Excursion
- John Wood built tranny, AFE Stage 2, MBRP, GTP 38R, DP-Tuner F5 chip

1990 Mustang GT 5.0 hatchback
- Stolen and stripped, waiting to be rebuilt and reborn
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote