1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Other Topics > The Front Porch
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

The Front Porch Kick back, relax and get to know everybody - tell us about yourself, share stories, bench race, talk about non 1982-1993 GT related topics, etc. (This is NOT anything goes - please keep it clean and civil!) NO political posts, please. Also, please do not list items for sale here - they will be deleted without notice.

Old 04-04-2001, 06:42 AM   #1
Gray86T-tops

Angry

Well I went to see a movie tonight with some friends of mine and when I came out my car was GONE!! It's ridiculous I was parked next to two camaros (friends cars) one was really nice with a system in plain view. My car didn't have a system and I even took my faceplate off and MY car goes missing. I guess it just proves that everyone likes stangs more than camaros. Anyways, I'm really upset about my car being stolen, I'll probably never see it again and I also didn't have theft insurance on it so I am basically screwed. Here's the latest pic that I have of my car. Take it easy guys and make sure that you all have some type of anti-theft device on your vehicles.

------------------

86 Gt-T-Tops, 88 Motor/tranny, BBK equal length headers, BBK adjustable clutch quadrant, off-road H-pipe, 3.73's, Chrome Ponies, Goodyear Eagle GS-C 245-50/ZR16's, 92 Quarter Windows, Many more mods to come... Not anymore, vehicle has been stolen =~(
Gray86T-tops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 12:48 PM   #2
fastrnyou

Angry

dude that sucks about your car. Keep us posted on it. My anti theif device:UGLY, i have no wing on the back of my Stang yet, that and no stereo yet but if someone wants it, no matter what you do, they WILL take it.

------------------
1995 3000GT VR4, 1987 stang GT, 1995 ZX6R.
fastrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 02:16 PM   #3
Wes93GT

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about the Stang. We had an experience in Vancouver too. My dad purchased Tim Brown's (of Brown Bros. Ford in Vancouver, you know the Ford dealer with all the sweet Stangs...) 1993 Mustang GT that was totally rebuilt with GT40 parts and a Vortech. The car had 17" ROHs, white w grey leather, and made 420HP at the flywheel.

One day my dad takes it over from Victoria to get it tuned up (the Ford dealer here doesn't know the car yada yada.) He goes back to pick it up later and it's gone. he gets the keys from the service desk, and goes out to the yard and it's not there. It just goes to show you that if someone wants it bad enough they will get it!

Early this year we recieved a call from the Vancouver police saying they found the engine (the car was obviously chopped up.) We went over to look and there was the engine block and GT40 intake off my dad's car in a 1985 covertible with a 1989 GT body. It was sad to see such a nice car gone... I feel for your loss. Just remember that now you have an excuse to buy a new Stang!

------------------

1993 Mustang GT Cobra Hatchback
Canadians can bring it...
Blue5Liter.com
Old 04-04-2001, 04:42 PM   #4
speedy_stang

Red face

Sorry to hear that. Thats why when I get my next stang im gettin one of those Autolock devices that goes on your clutch pedal, making your car undriveable.
speedy_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:05 PM   #5
Gray86T-tops

Yeah it gives me an excuse but I need $$$$ for that which I'm NOT getting for my car that was stolen because I didn't have theft insurance on it. I'm just gonna keep an eye on the paper for my parts. I'm looking into getting an 89 or something. It kinda sucks though because I still want my t-tops but I want mass-air. Two things that you can't have together =(
Old 04-04-2001, 06:38 PM   #6
Mick

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Gray86T-tops:
It kinda sucks though because I still want my t-tops but I want mass-air. Two things that you can't have together
Says who? Converting to the MAF EEC system in a T-roof car is a lot easier than converting a MAF equipped HB or coupe to T-roof. In my case, I'm converting my '83 T-roof GT to EFI using a '93 MAF system. Conversion is easy. Just do it! Then you will have T-roof and MAF.

------------------
1983 Mustang GT 306/T-5(project in progress)
1994 Ranger Splash 4.0L/A4LD(daily driver)
Old 04-04-2001, 07:38 PM   #7
Outlaw5.0

Yeah, that's really crappy, sorry to here about it. I worry about that all the time, it pretty easy to get into a t-top car, u just have to pull the window out, it's really easy. Did the place have camera's?, if so mabye you could get lucking.
Outlaw5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:05 PM   #8
Gray86T-tops

Nope, they have no camera's just security guards that didn't stop people from taking my car. Mick, I know that you can convert to mass air but my friend has been trying to get his 87 LX to run on mass air for the last month with no luck. I think that I might go for an 89-92 GT or an LX notch.
Old 04-04-2001, 10:34 PM   #9
Carl

Sorry to hear about your stang! I have a convertible, so I am always weary of the same.

Quote:
Originally posted by speedy_stang:
Sorry to hear that. Thats why when I get my next stang im gettin one of those Autolock devices that goes on your clutch pedal, making your car undriveable.
What is an "Autolock" device? I am definatly interested.

------------------
1987 Medium Cabernet Red Mustang GT Convertible (with lots of mods!)
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:47 PM   #10
Topless88

Unhappy

Real sorry to hear about you ride. I nearly died when my ride was stolen (not my current vert). Keep your eyes open and check out all the local body shops!!!! often enough I found that body shops come across used parts if you know what I mean. Hope you find a new ride soon buddy.
Old 04-05-2001, 04:21 AM   #11
josh miget

sorry to hear bout the stang. i really dont know what i would do if mine got stolen somebody would be hurtin though cause they couldnt sell it or nothin cause not many 88gt with ttops around here but n e ways im gonna have a ttop with mass air soon. got the computer just need the sensor. later

------------------
josh miget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 10:56 AM   #12
FL_Stang

Red face

Yeah, I just got my Mustang a week ago, and i am looking into anti theft stuff. I have already caught a couple people eyeing it a bit too closely if you know what I mean. What is this clutch device? Is it like a CLUB for your clutch? I also have a convertible, and worry about how easy it is to get into. I am thinking about alrming it, although that can be bypassed as well, at least it would keep the unskilled theifs from getting it. How much does theft insurance run by the way?
FL_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 02:54 PM   #13
Dan the Man

Talking

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. You know Murphy's Law.

Come on guys, don't you watch infomercials?
I always see it usually around 4-6 pm, just surf your channels and you'll see it

Anyway, the "Autolock" looks pretty good since it prevents the brake from being depressed by jamming itself between the floor board and the pedal.

Another great device I saw was on "Shadetree Mechanic" last Saturday. It's a steering boss that allows you to free the steering wheel and it's made of super tough metal that would take you a couple of hours and a few bits to drill. If anyone is really interested I'll check my video and post the name.

Ultimatley if they want it they'll get it.

May Gray86 RIP

Take care,

Dan
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 04:23 PM   #14
speedy_stang

Lightbulb

AUTOLOCK- The Autolock goes over your clutch in a 5-speed and on your brake in an auto. It prevents either the clutch or brake lever from being able to be pushed down. If you want to see a picture, go to:

www.autolock.com
speedy_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 05:48 PM   #15
Gray86T-tops

Well I got a call from the police at 6:15am today. They found the car, stripped and with body damage but they found the car. I'm gonna go and take a look at it later on and hopefully take it home. I'm gonna have to borrow a drivers seat from one of my friends stangs, and put my old 10 hole rims on to get it home though. Then I think I'm gonna buy a newer GT parts car and start piecing my 86 back together.