1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > General Tech > Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

Modifications Changes from the factory stock setup - performance and appearance. What to buy next? What works & what doesn't?

Old 06-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
mmb617

Default Anybody want a slightly used T5 input shaft?

I can also hook you up with the matching cluster gear.

There I was enjoying a test and tune session on a beautiful day. First pass was uneventful. Second pass the car hooked well, 1-2 shift normal, but when I went for 3rd there was a very loud bang and then I was just coasting.

I think going to stickier tires may have been the last straw for my stock T5. Everything else in the transmission looks good so I'm hoping I can get away with just replacing the input shaft and cluster gear. I don't want to have too much downtime as it's going to cost me in the points race. With luck I'll only miss a race or two.

I really need to find a spare $2k so I can buy a better transmission but till that happens, (and I don't see it any time soon), I have to keep patching up what I have.

Old Fart Drag Racing - If you're not having fun, then you're taking this stuff too seriously.
mmb617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b
Ambassador
2009 Donating Member

OUCH!!!

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson
“The best government is that which governs least.”
variously attributed

A/R "Swirl" wheels
FRPP clutch/flywheel
subframe connectors
BBK catted H-Pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust
Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold

Click HERE to REGISTER YOUR GT!
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
mmb617

After a few hours last night and most of the day today, the transmission is repaired and reinstalled. I took a short test drive and everything seems to be as it should.

Can't wait to get back to the track Friday night. I missed two races over this problem and dropped from second to fourth in points, so I need to make up some ground.

I'll be worried how long the transmission will last until the first time the lights come down, then I'll drive it like I always do. One more major problem would probably end my racing for the year as I just don't have any more money to throw at the car, but what can you do? Wish me luck!

Old Fart Drag Racing - If you're not having fun, then you're taking this stuff too seriously.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
5.0fanatic

Seems like it's in great shape! I'll take it.

j/k
_ 65mm Throttle body and EGR spacer
_ off road x-pipes, 2 chamber flowmasters
_ BBK 1 5/8 unequal length headers
_ smog pump deleted
_ 180 degree thermostat
_ Taylor 8.2mm Thunder Volt ignition wires.
_ msd cap and rotor
_ msd street fire TFI ignition coil
_Explorer GT-40 Intake Manifold
_Explorer 19# injectors
_Crank underdrive pulley
_130 amp 3g alternator
5.0fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
84gt306

No way I want it! That would make an awesome paperweight with a story!

That reminds me I have a T-5 I need to take apart and rebuild here. I got a feeling that there is some matching carnage in it!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
mmb617

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84gt306

That reminds me I have a T-5 I need to take apart and rebuild here. I got a feeling that there is some matching carnage in it!!!
Post up pics as it's always cool seeing other peoples carnage. Not quite so cool when it's your own!