1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Regional Event and Discussion Areas > United States - West
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

United States - West Regional events and discussion for the following areas - Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Old 12-27-2005, 09:55 AM   #1
84GT Ragtop

Default Northern Cali Owners -- Where You At?

Okay, I know I'm not the only Stanger around the SFO/Sac area with one of these kick A$$ rides.

Rick (93 Wht GT) is in Saint Jose somewhere, and I know there must be more -- let us know where you're at and we'll see if we can't get something organized this summer.

Rob

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...oug/?start=all

1984 GT convertible built 11/83 with slapper bars and without fog lights. DSO 89 (Transportation Services) purchased by Ford VP of Finance. Medium Canyon Red Exterior, Charcoal Interior, 5.0, 5-speed, all power options, and 84k miles.
84GT Ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #2
93 Wht GT
2009 Donating Member

Hey Rob!
Yeah, I'm here in San Jose just East from Sunnyvale.

There are some cool spots around town for picture taking. Do you have a recent photo of you car? If we do hook up, then we can post pictures of our cars together.

How about mid-part of Jan?

Rick
93 Wht GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:03 AM   #3
84GT Ragtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 Wht GT
Hey Rob!
Yeah, I'm here in San Jose just East from Sunnyvale.

There are some cool spots around town for picture taking. Do you have a recent photo of you car? If we do hook up, then we can post pictures of our cars together.

How about mid-part of Jan?

Rick
Mid-Jan sounds very good to me. The kids will love it. I meant to email you back about last month but I spent way too much time, money, and energy getting the car to pass smog. Good news is I was able to polish the valve covers, and paint the valve covers' PCV and Air Cleaner pieces gloss black, while I had her partly disassembled. That really helps it pass smog...

Can't really see it all, but I know it's there!!

The most recent pics I've got are on FourEyedPride. I haven't figured out if we can add pics here or not.

http://www.foureyedpride.com/phpBB2/...p?user_id=2511

Rob

1984 GT convertible built 11/83 with slapper bars and without fog lights. DSO 89 (Transportation Services) purchased by Ford VP of Finance. Medium Canyon Red Exterior, Charcoal Interior, 5.0, 5-speed, all power options, and 84k miles.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:03 AM   #4
93 Wht GT
2009 Donating Member

Hey Rob,
My car is due for a Smog Test this year. And get this, I'm being sent to the Test Only Center. Hopefully, I will not have a problem with my Saleen headers.

Villa Montalvo (up in Saratoga off of Hwy 9) is one of my favorite places. There are some nice spots around Santa Clara Univ especially around
Mission SC. And maybe on a nice summer morning, we can take pictures
around Santa Cruz and the boardwalk (another favorite place of mine).

Happy New Year, Rob!
Rick

Old 01-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #5
84GT Ragtop

Man, I totally missed your post. Happy belated New Years, Rick!!

Yep, I was forced to go to the test only site too. VERY STUPID!!

My Dad works at Steven's Creek Saturn and I always get my cars smogged there. But not this year. The guys there had a very valid point when we found that out too --- if a car is so old and likely to fail smog because of that age, why the hell not test it at a repair station?? They can fix it there!!

Instead we're forced to go to a Test Only station and figure out how to fix it ourselves if it fails -- how retarded is that?!?

Turns out my Test Only tech, who shall remain nameless to protect his identity in case of Smog Nazi retribution, actually did the steamclean to get mine to pass.

rob

Old 01-12-2006, 07:56 AM   #6
Instigator Al

Hey guys,it would appear that the registry is completely dominated by the east coast and upper midwest etc. Im in SO CAL but I lived in the Bay Area for 6 years. Half moon bay, Foster City , Sunnyvale , and finally Manteca before I had to move my family back to this hell hole. Maybe some say day we could hook up . I have been dying to have another fox mustang owner drive my car and give me his immpressions. And visa versa. A cruise to Vegas perhaps. That is if you guys think its okay to hang out with someone from SO CAL.

Al
GT 40 X Aluminum heads,24 lbs Injectors,Cobra Intake1.6 roller rockers Mac 1 5/8, Long Tube Headers MAC High Flo H Pipe BBK 70 mm Throttle Body Pro M 75 MM MAF 2400 stall converter Dyno Max super turbo cat back,B&M tranny cooler, Lentech Street Terminator valve body,,Mr Gasket 180 degree Thermostat,BBK underdrives, FRPP 9 mm wires, MSD blaster coil,PA 3G alternator. Blue Oval rear upper and lower control arms,and subframe connectors.

Instigator Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:23 PM   #7
84GT Ragtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instigator Al
Hey guys,it would appear that the registry is completely dominated by the east coast and upper midwest etc. Im in SO CAL but I lived in the Bay Area for 6 years. Half moon bay, Foster City , Sunnyvale , and finally Manteca before I had to move my family back to this hell hole. Maybe some say day we could hook up . I have been dying to have another fox mustang owner drive my car and give me his immpressions. And visa versa. A cruise to Vegas perhaps. That is if you guys think its okay to hang out with someone from SO CAL.

Al
Hey, Al! Anyone with a Disneyland near him is okay with me. In fact, I'm still trying to get the kids down there this year - maybe Lego-land too.

I would love to do something somewhere, time and money permitting (neither of which any of us have much of, eh?). Rick and I still haven't gotten together yet (too cold and wet lately anyway) but definitely plan on it sometime this year!!

Let's all keep in touch and we'll see what fortune 2006 brings - I'm planning on winning the lotto so will graciously foot the bill when the time comes.

Rob

Old 01-14-2006, 03:29 PM   #8
93 Wht GT
2009 Donating Member

Hey Al & Rob,
If we carefully plan it, maybe we can hook-up somewhere in the middle of this large state of CA like Santa Barbara. Taking pictures at Mission Santa Barbara would be a nice back drop for pictures of our cars. Been thinking about taking pictures over at Mission Santa Clara, but will wait until Winter is over.

How does this sound, guys?

Hey Al - I do plan on a trip to Anahiem. My cousins live there and in Carson and Huntington Beach. And of course, a 3-day Hopper Pass to Disneyland & Disney CA. Rob - you are welcome to join us.

Rick
Old 01-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #9
84GT Ragtop

That sounds like a great idea. I'm sure the beast will make it down there, just don't know what kind of shape we'll be in by the time it gets us there!!

That'll also give me reason to finish painting the front and rear fascias and put the new hood stripes on. Now if it would just stop raining long enough to warm up on a day I'm off...

rob

Old 01-26-2006, 08:53 AM   #10
Instigator Al

Hey Rick and Rob. Whenever you guys decide to come to LA pm me . We can get together for sure and take some pictures and share experiences . Maybe a cruise down PCH. Ill be here through June or July before I pack up and move to the Midwest.

AL
GT 40 X Aluminum heads,24 lbs Injectors,Cobra Intake1.6 roller rockers Mac 1 5/8, Long Tube Headers MAC High Flo H Pipe BBK 70 mm Throttle Body Pro M 75 MM MAF 2400 stall converter Dyno Max super turbo cat back,B&M tranny cooler, Lentech Street Terminator valve body,,Mr Gasket 180 degree Thermostat,BBK underdrives, FRPP 9 mm wires, MSD blaster coil,PA 3G alternator. Blue Oval rear upper and lower control arms,and subframe connectors.

Instigator Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:11 AM   #11
Stewart

Just poppin' in to say hi.

The 5.0 was stolen and stripped almost 4 years ago. Unfortunately it still sits in my garage, waiting for an infusion of cash to rebuild it better than it was before.

Before the Cervinis stuff....

After the Cervinis stuff, at the Reno Mustang Show. A couple months after this picture was taken, it was stolen from me while I was in Sac.

Now my daily driver is a '99 Lightning.

I pop in here once-in-a-blue moon to see what's going on, but I mainly read the forums over at NLOC and SVT Performance.

You guys should check out a new club that just formed. www.CA-Mustangs.com Lotta guys from the Bay area and Central California having GTG's and planning major events with other California Mustang clubs.

Take for instance the Knotts Berry Farm show. Ca-Mustangs along with a few other clubs are trying to get a convoy of over 100 Mustangs for the trip down to SoCal.

Plus, a lot of the peeps are into racing. We go to Sac, Infineon, and Famoso during the year.

Check it out. It's a pretty upbeat club.

Stewart

1999 F-150 Lightning
- WMS Stage 4 Long Block, Kooks L/T's, MB trans w/2400 stall, 255 Walbro's, 60lb injectors

2000 7.3L PSD Excursion
- John Wood built tranny, AFE Stage 2, MBRP, GTP 38R, DP-Tuner F5 chip

1990 Mustang GT 5.0 hatchback
- Stolen and stripped, waiting to be rebuilt and reborn

Last edited by Stewart; 01-27-2006 at 04:25 AM..
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 01:57 AM   #12
84GT Ragtop

Hey, Stewart - I just joined that forum last night. Not too surprised there aren't many early Foxes on there - nice rides everyone has though! I look forward to getting to know everyone here locally through the club -- looks like a great group of weirdos just like me!

Sorry to hear about your car -- that must suck. It did look awesome at the Reno show so I hope you get it back the way you want it. Also hope they caught and killed the arseholes that did it.

rob

Old 01-30-2006, 03:03 AM   #13
Stewart

They never caught the bastiges. It was recovered 6 hours later on the mean streets of Sac.

Yeah, not a lot of Foxbodies...and I'm the only L...but you're right: A good bunch of weirdos.

Stewart

1999 F-150 Lightning
- WMS Stage 4 Long Block, Kooks L/T's, MB trans w/2400 stall, 255 Walbro's, 60lb injectors

2000 7.3L PSD Excursion
- John Wood built tranny, AFE Stage 2, MBRP, GTP 38R, DP-Tuner F5 chip

1990 Mustang GT 5.0 hatchback
- Stolen and stripped, waiting to be rebuilt and reborn
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:52 PM   #14
ALMOST STOCK

Sunnyvale 18 yrs; before 101 was a Freeway.

San Jose/ Campbell 12 yrs; just before the housing market went nuts.

Currently Monterey Bay 25 yrs.
ALMOST STOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #15
84GT Ragtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST STOCK
Sunnyvale 18 yrs; before 101 was a Freeway.

San Jose/ Campbell 12 yrs; just before the housing market went nuts.

Currently Monterey Bay 25 yrs.
I wonder how I missed this. I love your location info - Prunetuckey.

Just as an fyi to anyone around the south bay, TPS (used to be Apex) Motorsports is having their grand opening all-Ford car show car on Sunday. Rick hooked me up with the info and I'm trying to make it out there, though will be too late to enter my car.

http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/

Rob