1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Other Topics > Garage Tours
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

Garage Tours Since we all can't get together and tour everyone’s garages in person, post some shots of your garage here so we can all admire your shop (and your ride).

Old 04-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
Raven68

Default Our Garage in the UK.....

Well its about time we posted some more stuff on here about what we are up to here in the UK. A year ago I rented a local garage unit so my son and I could build up a little car collection and have plenty of space to work on them and do a little business on the side for families and friends. I've been wanting to set-up a little 'dream garage' for some years and this rental opportunity was too good to pass up......

So this is the bare unit we rented complete with storeroom and washroom. It was not very pretty when we first saw it but we could see the potential as they say !

and then we scrubbed the floors, painted all the walls, installed new lighting, power circuits and alarms and got it fitted out with benches, etc and started moving in some projects and our tools. The red Jaguar Mk2 I've had for 20yrs has now been fitted with a Ford 302 V8 with custom exhaust and numerous racing modifications, and then we bought a 1943 Willys MB jeep for full restoration.....(more on that later)

In April 2011 we bought a 69 Camaro and moved that in... This is a well known Camaro that got drag raced here back in the 70's and 80's known as Red Devil and then more famously as Rampage and its our intention to restore it to its original drag racing paint job and set-up.

And then my buddy rented some space for his 1970 Mustang 428 Cobra Jet and we got to do a few jobs renewing the brakes for him. This used to be a wellknown show car on the custom car circuit back in the 70's and still carries most of its custom paint job.

Then my sons '89 Fox GT moved in and my buddy swopped out the Mustang and put his Chevy dayvan in for some work. By this time we'd also hung some flags and banners for a bit more interest....

Back in November we shifted everything about and painted the floors and this made such a difference to the place. Here is when part of it was painted. You can see the Willys tub in the middle, the Willys chassis has all been repaired and painted on the right and the Jag is under wraps at the back.....

And then we bought a 69 F100 as a parts hauler and towing truck for the workshop. It came in from Montana complete with its faded paintwork which we really like but it needs good service and a tune up....you can see the jeep chassis now complete with engine and transmission all restored and its rolling on the non-standard late model rims that it came with. There's a full set of combat rims and period tyres in the store room ready to fit when its done. On the far left you can just see my sons 89 Gt being stripped down as there are some serious rust issues that need sorting out now!

And here is the current state of the 89 GT - stripped back to the shell and awaiting a lot of welding to get her solid again. The intention now is to turn the Mustang into a circuit racer that will also see some local drag racing action as well.............

Oxford White 1989 GT 5.0 mild cam, roller rockers, headman headers, side exit pipes, de-catted, de-smogged, racing clutch, 3.73 gearing, A/C eliminator, Steeda Tri-ax, Cobra grille insert, 17 x 8 Cobra R rims,45 profile tyres, Wilwood Superlite 6 big brake kit, Roll cage, rear seat delete, MM K Member, MM front lower arms, MM Coilover Koni shocks, MM caster camber plates, Hurst roll control, MSD Pro Billet distributor, MSD Streetfire Coil, FRPP ali rad

Last edited by Raven68; 11-14-2012 at 04:01 PM..
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
KS 82 GT
Ambassador

Lots of cool toys! Don't know which I like best, but I am jealous! Show some pictures when you get some of your projects done. Looks like your WWII Jeep is getting close.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Raven68

Wonder why the pics dont show up anymore?
Dont think we've moved them so will go check that out and get them back up...

Jeep is now pretty much done but can't get the engine to cough and start and the head is leaking water out the side so think that needs skimming... one step forward and three backward at the moment !
Oxford White 1989 GT 5.0 mild cam, roller rockers, headman headers, side exit pipes, de-catted, de-smogged, racing clutch, 3.73 gearing, A/C eliminator, Steeda Tri-ax, Cobra grille insert, 17 x 8 Cobra R rims,45 profile tyres, Wilwood Superlite 6 big brake kit, Roll cage, rear seat delete, MM K Member, MM front lower arms, MM Coilover Koni shocks, MM caster camber plates, Hurst roll control, MSD Pro Billet distributor, MSD Streetfire Coil, FRPP ali rad
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote