1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Other Topics > The Front Porch
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

The Front Porch Kick back, relax and get to know everybody - tell us about yourself, share stories, bench race, talk about non 1982-1993 GT related topics, etc. (This is NOT anything goes - please keep it clean and civil!) NO political posts, please. Also, please do not list items for sale here - they will be deleted without notice.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:34 PM   #1
Shakerhood

Default New Daily Driver

I decided to trade my old reliable 2008 Tacoma in for a new 2015 Tacoma earlier today. This is actually my 3rd one in a row, trouble free and they hold their value.

Shakerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
ALMOST STOCK

Very nice

ALMOST STOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
mike g
2010 Donating Member

sweet. love that color

1967 F350 stake bed
1986 mustang gt
2006 F150 fx4 5.4L
mike g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:28 PM   #4
Shakerhood

Thanks guys, I really like the color too!
Old 08-24-2015, 11:59 PM   #5
Desi

Looks good!
I DD an '03 Tundra myself, it's not much bigger than the '07+ Tacos.
Desi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:40 AM   #6
Augie88GT

Hi Shakerhood,

Nice truck!!!

But I am surprised that people in "the Heartland" (Michigan, Ohio, etc.) would buy Japanese trucks. That is shocking to me.

As I've mentioned here in this forum in the past, I briefly lived in Ann Arbor, MI when I was a graduate student at the University of Michigan in 1989. The people there didn't like foreign-made vehicles.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:52 AM   #7
wydopnthrtl

Ohio is Honda central. There are a number of Fox body enthusiast that work there too.

I've abandoned my vette as a DD. Sold it a few months ago, parked my blazer and will be selling it soon too. I picked up a new DD (company car) a few weeks ago so I could get back to working on my mustang.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:51 PM   #8
Shakerhood

Well here we are 19 Months later, the Dealer damaged my 2015 and after several months of different people looking at it and visiting the Body Shop they decided to offer to order a brand new truck for me at their cost. So back in December I ordered this one, wanted a Manual Trans so it took all this time to get, but everything worked out ok.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:34 PM   #9
rjs86gt

Geez, that sounds like the deal my youngest brother went through with his 5th wheel camper. After repeated attempts to fix the issues, the manufactured just gave him a new one.

Nice truck!

Other vehicles in the fleet -
2011 Chevrolet HHR
2002 Chrysler Voyager - 310,000 miles
1999 Mercury Sable with DOHC 3.0L 220,000 miles
rjs86gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:22 AM   #10
Shakerhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs86gt View Post
Geez, that sounds like the deal my youngest brother went through with his 5th wheel camper. After repeated attempts to fix the issues, the manufactured just gave him a new one.

Nice truck!
My Door Sill looked like it had been hit with a Sledgehammer and no explanation was ever given on how it got damaged, l guess all in all it worked out ok in the end though.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:58 PM   #11
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b
Ambassador
2009 Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakerhood View Post

WOW!!!

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson
“The best government is that which governs least.”
variously attributed

A/R "Swirl" wheels
FRPP clutch/flywheel
subframe connectors
BBK catted H-Pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust
Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold

Click HERE to REGISTER YOUR GT!
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #12
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b
Ambassador
2009 Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakerhood View Post

WOW!!!

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson
“The best government is that which governs least.”
variously attributed

A/R "Swirl" wheels
FRPP clutch/flywheel
subframe connectors
BBK catted H-Pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust
Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold

Click HERE to REGISTER YOUR GT!
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:24 AM   #13
Augie88GT

Hi Shakerhood,

I give you a lot of credit for convincing your dealer to give you a brand new truck.

The dealers here in New York City certainly wouldn't have done that so easily. They probably would have attempted to blame you and would have said that the truck was like that when you took it there. In a best case scenario, after much fighting, they may have given you the money to fix it.

My next door neighbor had an issue with our local Ford/Lincoln dealer last year. He has a new Lincoln MKZ. He took it to our local dealer for routine engine work. They drained the oil and must have forgotten to put fresh oil in the engine. All kinds of lights were going off on his dashboard for a week. They made up every excuse to explain the lights. After about a week, they finally admitted that they forgot to put oil in the engine. He was driving the car around for a week with no oil in the engine. He didn't care that much because he has no intention of keeping the car. Every 2-3 years, he leases a brand new Lincoln MKZ. But that is beside the point.

This year, they jerked him around again. His Lincoln has heated and air conditioned seats. It wasn't working properly. He took it to our local Ford/Lincoln dealer. The car sat there for a week. They didn't even look at it because they were busy.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:50 AM   #14
Shakerhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie88GT View Post
Hi Shakerhood,

I give you a lot of credit for convincing your dealer to give you a brand new truck.

The dealers here in New York City certainly wouldn't have done that so easily. They probably would have attempted to blame you and would have said that the truck was like that when you took it there. In a best case scenario, after much fighting, they may have given you the money to fix it.

My next door neighbor had an issue with our local Ford/Lincoln dealer last year. He has a new Lincoln MKZ. He took it to our local dealer for routine engine work. They drained the oil and must have forgotten to put fresh oil in the engine. All kinds of lights were going off on his dashboard for a week. They made up every excuse to explain the lights. After about a week, they finally admitted that they forgot to put oil in the engine. He was driving the car around for a week with no oil in the engine. He didn't care that much because he has no intention of keeping the car. Every 2-3 years, he leases a brand new Lincoln MKZ. But that is beside the point.

This year, they jerked him around again. His Lincoln has heated and air conditioned seats. It wasn't working properly. He took it to our local Ford/Lincoln dealer. The car sat there for a week. They didn't even look at it because they were busy.
They did not "Give" me a new truck but gave me $1500 less than I paid for the 2015 on trade and sold me the new 2017 for Dealer Cost, I basically got the new one for about $5000 when all was said and done which was a pretty fair deal since they let me order the new one and I loaded it down with options.