1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Other Topics > The Front Porch
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

The Front Porch Kick back, relax and get to know everybody - tell us about yourself, share stories, bench race, talk about non 1982-1993 GT related topics, etc. (This is NOT anything goes - please keep it clean and civil!) NO political posts, please. Also, please do not list items for sale here - they will be deleted without notice.

Old 03-13-2001, 05:03 AM   #1
Stewart

Talking

M/M Bowers, after struggling with the previous message board system for the past few years, it's nice to see a UBB in it's place!

Growing pains suck, but I'm glad you and your hubby didn't give up. You have an extremely valuable site here, and it's nice to see it expand beyond pure tech!

Stewart

------------------
Platinum90GT
- 25th Anniversary Edition
Blue96 Crown Vic
- Suspension and exhaust mods so far.
Moderator: Stewart's Bawdy Shop at Mustangsandmore
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 10:56 AM   #2
MustangGTorg
GT Registry Founders

Smile

Hi, Stewart!

Glad to see you made it over here!

Yes, the UBB is definitely a VAST improvement over our old board. We're very thankful to have some loyal visitors that were willing to help make it possible. We've been wanting to expand the board for quite awhile to allow a more "friendly" atmosphere.

Now that we've gotten off our behinds and started making some major changes on the web site, we'll be doing a lot more in the near future.

Thanks!

Kathy

------------------
David & Kathy Bowers
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry
www.mustanggt.org
1965 Mustang coupe (stock)
1985 Mustang GT hatchback (daily driver)
1991 Mustang GT hatchback (open track/autocross)
1998 Expedition (family hauler & tow vehicle)
MustangGTorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:02 PM   #3
FISHTAIL

*gasp* more!? What's next on the agenda??? BTW, I have a couple of wrecked GT's I should tell you about....they are both registered on this site. My old 88(don't worry I sold it, twerent me who wrecked it), and my roomates old 87. Not sure if that realy matters though.....

------------------
-FISHTAIL
92GT "The Ghetto Sled"
CMPS major @ University of MD college park
Best run so far: 14.74 @ 100.3mph....stupid wheel spin.
VP and co-founder of CMTC www.stangbirds.com
FISHTAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:34 PM   #4
Wes93GT

Can't wait to see what's next! Keep up the excellent work Bowers! You're providing a great service to us all!

------------------

1993 Mustang GT Hatchback
Canadians can bring it...
Blue5Liter.com
Old 03-13-2001, 03:35 PM   #5
MustangGTorg
GT Registry Founders

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by FISHTAIL:
*gasp* more!? What's next on the agenda???
Yep! When motivation strikes (and the weather stays too crappy to do anything outside), you gotta take advantage of it!

In order to have enough server space to run the UBB, we had to switch ISP's about two weeks ago (actually, we're still in transition from the old site). We went from having 25MB to 200MB of server space AND our new account will run ASP (active server pages) which will allow us to make the site much more interactive - (i.e. searchable registration database, etc.).

We're also finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on getting registrations caught up. When that's done, the registration stats will be back on-line and photo gallery will be caught up.

In addition to all this, we're planning a cosmetic and functional web site re-design to make better use of our Frontpage 2000 software.

Whew! How's that?!

Quote:
BTW, I have a couple of wrecked GT's I should tell you about....they are both registered on this site. My old 88(don't worry I sold it, twerent me who wrecked it), and my roomates old 87. Not sure if that realy matters though.....
Sure, we like to keep the info in the database as current as we can. Just e-mail us with the VIN and whatever updated info you have (i.e. no longer own it or wrecked or whatever). We'll add the updates to the database.

Thanks!

------------------
David & Kathy Bowers
www.mustanggt.org
Old 03-13-2001, 03:39 PM   #6
FISHTAIL

WOW you guys are busy! I'm glad though, I've always liked this site. I remeber way back when the front page had two spinning pony wheels on it . But aaaaaaanyway, I'll hit you guys up with the info. I don't have the vins unfortunatly...just the names.

------------------
-FISHTAIL
92GT "The Ghetto Sled"
Old 03-13-2001, 03:39 PM   #7
Carl

Hey Stewart,

Long time no talk, how's it going??

Welcome back too Mike (fishtail), how's it going??

------------------
1987 Medium Cabernet Red Mustang GT Convertible (with lots of mods!)
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 03:47 PM   #8
MustangGTorg
GT Registry Founders

Quote:
I remeber way back when the front page had two spinning pony wheels on it
OMG! That was a long time ago - LOL! Hopefully, my web design skills have improved since then.

Kathy

------------------
David & Kathy Bowers
www.mustanggt.org
Old 03-13-2001, 09:53 PM   #9
FISHTAIL

Talking

LOL, yeah they sure have. I guess I've been comming around for a while...how long ago was that? About 3 years or so? I'm doing pretty good carl...you? I'm just over here enjoying school(yeah right), spring break is next week....I cant wait!

------------------
-FISHTAIL
92GT "The Ghetto Sled"
Old 03-14-2001, 12:37 AM   #10
Stewart

Quote:
Originally posted by MustangGTorg:
We're also finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on getting registrations caught up. When that's done, the registration stats will be back on-line and photo gallery will be caught up.

Yeayyy! I'll finally see the info on my car there!

Hey Carl, LTNT! I guess I won't be needing all those complex codes you taught me to use. Codes used for posting links on the old board! UBB is soooo much easier!

Two spinning wheels, Mike? Musta been a bit before my time. I did start frequenting the GT Board back in '99 though. Back when I first got my Mustang and knew NOTHING about it, I found this site (the old board) after doing a web search for Mustang info.

Hey, does Jim Signorelli still post here? How about Moki? Or Scott (LTD Scott...from southern CA)

Stewart

Old user name was "S&R's Platinum90GT"

------------------
Platinum90GT
Blue96 Crown Vic

[This message has been edited by Stewart (edited 03-13-2001).]
Old 03-14-2001, 06:15 PM   #11
FISHTAIL

Stew, that was years back, I think 98 maybe? As for jim, I saw him posting here over the summer, but I"m not sure if he's still around or not. Moki, I haven't seen. Scott is on the corral, I have his IM name too, but I do'nt talk to him that much these days. I also have sideway's im . Yeah, UBB is great, the only thing about it that's not the best is the registratino deal. I've noticed that traffic here has slowed some due to the UBB, but even though you get alot less posts from unknown users, and passersby, it tends to form a community of folks who always come back all in the give'n take I guess.

------------------
-FISHTAIL
92GT "The Ghetto Sled"
Old 03-14-2001, 10:55 PM   #12
Stewart

Cool

Since I don't frequent the Corral too often, I haven't seen any of his posts there. I also have his AIM name on my buddy list, but I haven't talked with him in IM's in a long time.

I agree about the sense of community formed by the users on a UBB. Just look at M&M! The get-togethers and party's that have been attended by the members, as well as the future parties that are being planned in conjunction with Ford related car shows.

Then there's Ed's health problems and the way we all got together, chipped in, and bought him his computer so he could stay online. And of course there's the airline ticket we bought for Steve and his wife, so he could attend the car show in Raleigh.

I can see this site that Kathy and Dave have, becoming like M&M. Especially because they have the same type of rules (no flames) that we have at M&M.

When you have a good site, by good people, populated by good members, it normally works out real well.

I'm sure the new UBB for the GT Board will work out real well too!

Stewart

------------------
Platinum90GT
Blue96 Crown Vic
Old 03-14-2001, 11:56 PM   #13
FISHTAIL

Talking

Hey while you guys are at it, ya wanna chip in and pay for my tuition!? Or while if that's to much, get me and extra 200hp? LOL j/k. I think what you guys did for ed was really cool. I remeber reading that post, thinking wow....its nice to know that people still reach out for one another sometimes. It can get pretty frustrateing these days. Which...is another reason I like my car so much. I'm fortunate, most(not all) of the people I meet with mustangs are always willing and eager to help. EVERY time I've been roadside for one reason or another, another stanger has ALWAYS stopped and offered assistance. I'm still waiting for the chance to return the favor. It's not just the cars, it's the sense of community that tends to come with them I like the most. Maybe my area is weird?

------------------
-FISHTAIL
92GT "The Ghetto Sled"
Old 03-15-2001, 05:16 PM   #14
cobracar

Same here FISHTAIL, I always stop to help fellow stangers on the road, unless it's a 7-tone faded, rusted paintjob 4-banger with bald tires and a not-so-friendly looking driver. lol

Now, as for "decent" stangs, even 4-bangers, I usually stop, and end up having a half-hour conversation about ME car!

------------------

Glen Meades, Jr.
1989 Ford Mustang Cobra Conversion
cobracar is offline   Reply With Quote