1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Announcements > Welcome New Members
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

Welcome New Members A little area to welcome our newest members! New members stop in here and introduce yourself to the rest of the group!!

Old 05-13-2017, 09:59 AM   #1
Memnoch

Default MemnochtheDevil

Hello, fellow Fox bod owners!

I am the owner of an "83 GT I bought from the second owner, who got it from his mother. The car had originally been bought in Austin, TX and made its way here to Houston.

I obtained it in 1996 after having had my Dodge Lancer totaled by someone not supposed to be in the country. I got my insurance settlement, and bought the GT from my friend, who had two kids who didn't fit into the back seat anymore. Drove it for six years, during which time I had the motor apart due to a broken piston skirt. I increased the compression from 8:1 to 10:1 and put in a better cam. Put on headers I obtained for free (doing the work on a shoestring!) and dualed out the exhaust with turbo mufflers. I was rewarded right away, a good bit more power.

2002 brought a change of jobs, and the Stang had to be stored. It's stayed there until about six months ago when I was finally able to start to resurrect it. The gas tank and pickup had rusted, so had to be replaced, done so thanks to Rockauto. Once that was done, found the fuel pump had also died, so again to Rockauto. With a new pump and battery, the engine cranked over and ran like I'd just driven the car last night. It's gotten all new brakes, will get new tires soon. It's going to need a good thorough cleaning, then will at least be driveable again. After that, the sky's the limit!
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote