1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Other Topics > The Front Porch
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

The Front Porch Kick back, relax and get to know everybody - tell us about yourself, share stories, bench race, talk about non 1982-1993 GT related topics, etc. (This is NOT anything goes - please keep it clean and civil!) NO political posts, please. Also, please do not list items for sale here - they will be deleted without notice.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:13 AM   #1
MustangGTorg-Kathy
GT Registry Founder

Default Ideas for website?

Quick question... what have you seen on other Mustang-related websites that you'd like to see us implement here?

Just looking for ideas on what people like now that I have the time and resources to start putting back into the website and registry.

I'm also curious... what's your favorite Mustang-related website (i.e. where do you normally hangout?)

1965 Mustang coupe (my first car - now restored to concours driven)
1985 Mustang GT hatchback #1 & #2 (SOLD)
1988 Mustang GT hatchback (daily driver - SOLD)
1989 Mustang LX 5.0L trunk (SOLD)
1991 Mustang GT hatchback (modified go fast - autocross, open track)
1991 Mustang GT convertible (summer cruiser - guy magnet - SOLD to daughter #1)
1991 Mustang GT hatchback (daughter #2)
1992 Mustang GT hatchback (daughter #1)

*****PLEASE click here to REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!*****
MustangGTorg-Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
Augie88GT

Hi Kathy,

There is one minor annoying issue that I experienced several times with this forum in the past. I don't know if it was corrected with the re-launch.

Whenever I wrote a post that was longer than a few sentences, I would be automatically logged out (against my wishes), and I'd lose everything I had written. To circumvent this, I had to repeatedly click on "preview post" after writing every few sentences. I never experienced this with other forums.

Is this something on my end, or is it a general quirk of this particular forum?

I would imagine that there is some sort of "clock" that times out and automatically logs members out. Is there any way to extend the time period?
Old 01-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #3
MustangGTorg-Kathy
GT Registry Founder

It may have been corrected with the relaunch... we're running an upgraded version of the message board software now. Hopefully your problem has been solved with that. I haven't heard from anyone else that has had that problem so I don't know which end the problem was on...

1965 Mustang coupe (my first car - now restored to concours driven)
1985 Mustang GT hatchback #1 & #2 (SOLD)
1988 Mustang GT hatchback (daily driver - SOLD)
1989 Mustang LX 5.0L trunk (SOLD)
1991 Mustang GT hatchback (modified go fast - autocross, open track)
1991 Mustang GT convertible (summer cruiser - guy magnet - SOLD to daughter #1)
1991 Mustang GT hatchback (daughter #2)
1992 Mustang GT hatchback (daughter #1)

*****PLEASE click here to REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!*****
MustangGTorg-Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:53 PM   #4
fb93
2010 Donating Member

Do not let Autoguide anywhere near this website. EVER. Thats all i ask.
fb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
fb93
2010 Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie88GT View Post
Hi Kathy,

There is one minor annoying issue that I experienced several times with this forum in the past. I don't know if it was corrected with the re-launch.

Whenever I wrote a post that was longer than a few sentences, I would be automatically logged out (against my wishes), and I'd lose everything I had written. To circumvent this, I had to repeatedly click on "preview post" after writing every few sentences. I never experienced this with other forums.

Is this something on my end, or is it a general quirk of this particular forum?

I would imagine that there is some sort of "clock" that times out and automatically logs members out. Is there any way to extend the time period?
Are you checking the 'Remember Me' box before signing in? I had that issue in the past elsewhere and would get logged out, trying to post. So i started checking that box everytime and never had an issue. So far, so good.
fb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:21 AM   #6
Augie88GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fb93 View Post
Are you checking the 'Remember Me' box before signing in? I had that issue in the past elsewhere and would get logged out, trying to post. So i started checking that box everytime and never had an issue. So far, so good.
Hi fb,

Thanks for the tip.

However, I don't recall ever seeing a "Remember Me" box when I log into this site. I know what you are referring to. I've seen similar things in other sites. I just don't remember seeing such a thing for this particular site.

When I log into this site, I click on the box at the right of the main search bar.

By the way, you are so fortunate to live in PA. It is a beautiful state. I hope to be living in the Poconos in the near future.