1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Other Topics > Humor
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

Humor Post your funny stuff here! Videos, Jokes, you name it! Please keep it clean!

Old 03-03-2015, 06:55 AM   #1
Augie88GT

Default Anti-Evolution Brainwashing

Hi folks,

I came across this story the other day in an on online newspaper. The original story is from 2013. But, for some reason, this online newspaper decided to re-run the story. The author states that it is "probably true".

I am putting this thread in the humor section of this site because it is so ridiculous that it is laughable. But, unfortunately, it is actually kind of sad. To think that this sort of nonsense is going on in America today is beyond comprehension. I feel sorry for those children when they "graduate" and enter the real world. Maybe they think that they will be able to ride on their pet dinosaur.

Here is the link:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...t?detail=email
Old 03-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #2
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b
Ambassador
2009 Donating Member

Auggie, IMHO, you crossed a line.
I won't denigrate your belief system (or lack of one if that's the case). Please give some of us the same courtesy.

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson
“The best government is that which governs least.”
variously attributed

A/R "Swirl" wheels
FRPP clutch/flywheel
subframe connectors
BBK catted H-Pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust
Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold

Click HERE to REGISTER YOUR GT!
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:47 PM   #3
Augie88GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b
Auggie, IMHO, you crossed a line.
I won't denigrate your belief system (or lack of one if that's the case). Please give some of us the same courtesy.
Hi Jerry,

I see your point. I am always respectful of other people's "belief systems", up to the point where they become too radical. And I always extend that courtesy to other people when they extend that courtesy to me.

I am also aware that you have been through a lot medically lately, just as I've been for 25 years now. And people react to those situations in different ways. In my particular case, my chronic, 25-year-long illness pushed me even further away from whatever remnants of a "belief system" I had.

Technically, this thread is about science, not "belief systems." (Notice that neither one of us is using the "R-word", because this thread is not about that.)

There are ways of teaching "belief systems" without resorting to this type of nonsense. There is no need to brainwash children into thinking that humans and dinosaurs lived together. These people are attacking science. Being a "man of science" (with college degrees in physics and engineering), I reacted to that by disseminating this link. I take it personally when people attack science, much like Carl Sagan.

When they get older, these children are going to have difficulty assimilating and integrating into society. And that's not even getting into the problems that they create when some of them go on to college. On several different occasions, I've read articles where they harass college professors (primarily science professors) and disrupt classes because of the brainwashing they received as children. They drive these college professors to the point that they don't know what to do with these brainwashed students.

My message to you and everyone else on this planet is this: Feel free to believe in whatever "belief system" you want to believe in (or none at all, which is what I choose to do). But please don't attack science.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:19 PM   #4
Chris-90LX
Ambassador
2010 Donating Member

Auggie, finding things that can make us shake our heads on the Internet are never in short supply.

Try not to post threads that may offend or irritate our members in the future.

BTW, this school has been closed. For a while I think we will be safe from these dangerous 10 year old people.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/sciencetest.asp