1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > General Tech > Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

Modifications Changes from the factory stock setup - performance and appearance. What to buy next? What works & what doesn't?

Old 10-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
88GTHO

Default Project 363

Hey fellow stangers.

After shopping around I ordered to my specs and brought a 363ci stroker turnkey engine from Engine Factory in NJ and wanted to get your thoughts on it. My plan is to add a Procharger D1 S/C and hope to get 700-750 HP out of it on 93 octane. They even posted a video of the engine on YouTube. If you look very closely in the video you will see my name (Preston Lee) stenciled on the bottom plate of the engine stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yt5cMVcl9Q

Although Chris is very knowledgeable, he isn't good at adverting as you will see.

What are your thoughts? Its sitting in my garage right now and I plan to install it next at the end of this year.
Trickflow Top-end Kit - 24lb Injectors - 76mm MAF conversion Kit - 75mm Accufab TB - Aeromotive 340 Stealth Fuel Pump - Mishimoto aluminum radiator and Dual Fan shroud kit w/temp controller - Tremec 3550 Trans - BBK Ceramic coated Long Tube Headers - Cobra SVE 5 Lug (Moser 31 Spine Axles) 4-Wheel Disc Conversion - Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates - Ford Racing Front/Rear Lowering Springs - KYB AGX struts and shocks - UPR Upper & Lower Rear Control Arms - Eibach Anti-Roll Front/Rear Sway Bar Kit - Auburn Diff - - 3.73 rearend gears.
88GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:08 PM   #2
Shakerhood

Congrats, looks like that will be awesome in the car.
Shakerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
Augie88GT

Hi 88GTHO,

750 horsepower???!!!

That's a lot of power for a Fox Mustang.

With a 3.73 rear end, that car is really gonna fly off the line. I would image that your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times will be mind-boggling.

I assume that, at the very least, this car will sometimes be used for drag racing purposes at a race track, and possibly be used exclusively for that purpose. With that horsepower/rear end combination, I don't know useful it will be as a street car.

I also have a 1988 Mustang GT. I'm the original owner. But my car is in 100% original factory stock condition. There are no mods at all. It is like a "time capsule".
Old 10-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
88GTHO

Augie- yes it is a lot of power. Actually it's going to be more of a street car than a strip car. I only plan to visit the strip about 2-3 times a year. Call it greed, but I want my power and I deserve it. It's more about knowing I have the power than actually using it.

Congrats on being the original owner of a 1988 mustang. Sweet, and I'm jealous. I could only wish. However, since I can't have my first wish, time to move on to the second, which is to put together one.

The majority of the mods I completed on my own except the 363. However, I plan on installing the 363 and the Procharger myself. I live in Maryland and plan on using a local tuner to achieve a desired outcome of a good street tune.

I still have my work cutout for me but like most, it's a working project that will forever require my attention.

Thanks for the feekback and stay tune.

88GTHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie88GT
Hi 88GTHO,

750 horsepower???!!!

That's a lot of power for a Fox Mustang.

With a 3.73 rear end, that car is really gonna fly off the line. I would image that your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times will be mind-boggling.

I assume that, at the very least, this car will sometimes be used for drag racing purposes at a race track, and possibly be used exclusively for that purpose. With that horsepower/rear end combination, I don't know useful it will be as a street car.

I also have a 1988 Mustang GT. I'm the original owner. But my car is in 100% original factory stock condition. There are no mods at all. It is like a "time capsule".
Trickflow Top-end Kit - 24lb Injectors - 76mm MAF conversion Kit - 75mm Accufab TB - Aeromotive 340 Stealth Fuel Pump - Mishimoto aluminum radiator and Dual Fan shroud kit w/temp controller - Tremec 3550 Trans - BBK Ceramic coated Long Tube Headers - Cobra SVE 5 Lug (Moser 31 Spine Axles) 4-Wheel Disc Conversion - Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates - Ford Racing Front/Rear Lowering Springs - KYB AGX struts and shocks - UPR Upper & Lower Rear Control Arms - Eibach Anti-Roll Front/Rear Sway Bar Kit - Auburn Diff - - 3.73 rearend gears.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
88GTHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakerhood
Thanks Shaker.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:15 AM   #6
Augie88GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88GTHO
Congrats on being the original owner of a 1988 mustang. Sweet, and I'm jealous. I could only wish. However, since I can't have my first wish, time to move on to the second, which is to put together one.
88GTHO
Hi 88GTHO,

Believe me, my situation (and life) are nothing to be jealous of. Because of illness, I was able to drive my 1988 Mustang GT for only 2 years. If you want a more detailed explanation, if you haven't already done so, please read my "My car's 'shady origins'" thread in the "Front Porch" section of this site.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:19 PM   #7
Chris-90LX
Ambassador
2010 Donating Member

GT, this is very impressive. A few years back the 347 stroker was the thing to have.
It looks like the 347 was the ceiling for the stock engine block.

Now it looks like suppliers such as Dart are making these heavy duty small blocks.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-t...over-achiever/

One last thing, just be sure your car's body can handle the extra power and also stop as well as it should.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #8
Augie88GT

Hi folks,

As everyone probably knows, a chronic (and decades old) problem with those overly-bored small block engines is overheating. If the spaces between the cylinders are too narrow, the engine loses its ability to cool off properly and efficiently. That Dart engine claims to have "Siamese-bore configuration". I don't know how well this new wizardry will hold up in the long-term.

If it turns out that it works long-term, then that's great. It will solve a problem that has persisted for decades. I remember those Oldsmobile 6.6L (403cid) engines from the late 1970s. That was a lot of cubic inches for a small block engine. And they suffered from chronic overheating problems. One of my uncles had a 1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency with that engine. He bought it new. I remember it having a lot of power compared to other cars built in that era.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #9
88GTHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-90LX
GT, this is very impressive. A few years back the 347 stroker was the thing to have.
It looks like the 347 was the ceiling for the stock engine block.

Now it looks like suppliers such as Dart are making these heavy duty small blocks.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-t...over-achiever/

One last thing, just be sure your car's body can handle the extra power and also stop as well as it should.
Chris, thanks. I distinctly remember 10 years ago I had my eyes set on a 347 and it was all I wanted. Now, thankful for technology and engineering they make 363ci from a 302 block. I'm hoping my research serves me well and the engine outlast me. I'm more of a cruiser than anything else.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #10
88GTHO

Augie, I'll be sure to read it.

Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie88GT
Hi 88GTHO,

Believe me, my situation (and life) are nothing to be jealous of. Because of illness, I was able to drive my 1988 Mustang GT for only 2 years. If you want a more detailed explanation, if you haven't already done so, please read my "My car's 'shady origins'" thread in the "Front Porch" section of this site.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #11
88GTHO

Shaker,

Thanks. I'm sure it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakerhood
Old 10-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #12
wydopnthrtl

Very nice...

If you are going to do hard launches I'd do something more than just doublers for the upper control arms. Make some kind of welded in brace that ties the sub frames together. Do the best you can to stiffen the chassis. And doubly so if you run slicks and a manual tranny (or trans brake).

Once you get her running post up a vid. I wanna see & hear it!
Old 11-01-2014, 07:00 AM   #13
88GTHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wydopnthrtl
Very nice...

If you are going to do hard launches I'd do something more than just doublers for the upper control arms. Make some kind of welded in brace that ties the sub frames together. Do the best you can to stiffen the chassis. And doubly so if you run slicks and a manual tranny (or trans brake).

Once you get her running post up a vid. I wanna see & hear it!
wydopnthrtl - Hard launches are in my future so I need to do something about stiffening the chassis. I was thinking about going with Maximum Motorsport's full length sub-frame connectors and heavy duty torque arm kit. I'll only see the track 2-3 times a year if that.

Here's a video of my car so far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A-m1lu3TOk

I still have a long way to go and plan to take my time.