1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Other Topics > Members Helping Members
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

Members Helping Members Need a car or part looked at out of your area?? Need help with something else far away? Post here and get help from or help out a fellow GT Registry member.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
mustangkeith

Default Stolen 88 Mustang in Maritimes Canada

Hi all , Lastnight my 88 Mustang was stolen from my shop behind my house here on pei , canada . along with a partial dart block and stroker rotating assembly not to mention some foxbody decorations Its a Yellow with a black stormin normin ram air hood , 5 speed hatch back with black and grey interior , no stereo and has 121000 kms on the odometer .. I posted some pictures of the car , if anyone sees anything please contact me .. thank you for your time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my stang 3.jpg (60.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg my stang 4.jpg (77.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg my stang 1.jpg (59.7 KB, 11 views)
mustangkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
mustangkeith

we can cancell the search the car was found in halifax just recieved the call still dont know where the other parts and things went to though hopefully they will turn up .
Old 02-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
91GTStang

What kind of condition was it found in? Stripped, wrecked, as it was stolen?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b
Ambassador
2009 Donating Member

I hope all is well with the car, Keith!

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson
“The best government is that which governs least.”
variously attributed

A/R "Swirl" wheels
FRPP clutch/flywheel
subframe connectors
BBK catted H-Pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust
Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold

Click HERE to REGISTER YOUR GT!
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #5
mustangkeith

Thanks all , all they managed to get off it was the rims and the rear quarter glass . i guess thats a good reason for me to save up for some welds i always wanted . the police said that wasn't the only car there , there was apparently quite a few some stripped some not touched , they had them in a warehouse used to store potatoes , the only reason they found my car was someone was driving it and cut them off and they reported the person in my car , if it wasn't for them being stupid god knows what kind of shape it would be in when i did find it , if i ever found it that is . as for the block and memorbilia thats replaceable , allthough it took a while saving for the assembly and things all i was really worried about was the car . Im getting ahold of my CAA towing company to see if they can flatbed it back to the island , its about a 3 hour drive . hopefully it will be back in the shop by tonight or early tomorrow

Thanks again ... Makes me wonder what they would want the rear quarter windows for when the weather stripping on them was kind of starting to look poopy though lol ..
Old 02-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
Chris-90LX
Ambassador
2010 Donating Member

Glad to hear you got it back!

I hope the police get those jerks!!
Chris-90LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:53 PM   #7
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b
Ambassador
2009 Donating Member

Part of their sentencing should be FULL and COMPLETE restitution for all your losses!!!

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson
“The best government is that which governs least.”
variously attributed

A/R "Swirl" wheels
FRPP clutch/flywheel
subframe connectors
BBK catted H-Pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust
Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold

Click HERE to REGISTER YOUR GT!
Jerry: BLACK 85 GT h/b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #8
m80j
2009 Donating Member

Hope you get it back home man. Most of them are shipped and never found. Will the R.C's check for the glass and parts at the cars location for you? It's worth asking as the default time on restitution in Canada is only 30 days which means it's more economical for the thief to do the time and the cop's will make no effort to return found parts without a request from the r.o. The guy that stole mine 2 years ago didn't even get jail time because he was homeless and said he was living in it. He got a $250.00 fine! F****** ridiculous. We should all quit our jobs and steel if that's all you get.
m80j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #9
Chris-90LX
Ambassador
2010 Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m80j
.........The guy that stole mine 2 years ago didn't even get jail time because he was homeless and said he was living in it. He got a $250.00 fine! F****** ridiculous. We should all quit our jobs and steel if that's all you get.
You'll find me sleeping in a new full size Mercedes Benz!!
Chris-90LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #10
m80j
2009 Donating Member

Yea no doubt. I own the thing and have never slept in it. The thief just said that when he turned himself in because he left his cell in the car and I found the car before he was done. He didn't get a chance to recover the phone. So he knew he was caught anyway. What kind of homeless has a phone? I think a hotel would be a better use of funds.
m80j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #11
mustangkeith

Some of these laws are just unreal , when i called to enquire about restitution they more or less told me this person was on Welfare and was troubled , more or less saying to me that i am on my own . But here's what pee's me off , if he had the money to borrow a flatbed from N.S. and pay for fuel and toll highway fee's wouldn't the SOB somehow have the money to pay for the stuff they stripped . . Funny how things work , they impounded the flatbed and i think he got a 30 day stay in jail with community service .. I agree lol M80j and Chris think i would probably sleep in a new lincoln town car or lincoln limo if I was allowed .
I ordered two rear quarter windows from 5.0 resto they're NOS . coming from the US so they will likely be here in 2 to 3 weeks i hope , then i can start to try and get the car back to the way i had it before and hopefully ready for summer and carshows . I'll keep everone posted as time goes by