1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Restoration and Originality > Decoding
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

Decoding Post your decoding questions here - VINs, door tags, axle tags, buildsheets, part numbers, etc.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
Old 5 Oh

Default A Spin on the Decode Question

My 88 GT got sideswiped sometime before I owned it, and the driver's door is now from a 93 LX. Unfortunately, so is the door tag.

Is there any source for a replacement door tag based upon my cowl VIN plate?
Old 5 Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
l1k2gadd

I replied to another person's thread today on this same thing. I was told by Ford's Customer Service in Dearborn that if you take your car to a Ford dealer and ask the Service Department to order a new door data label for your car they can do it. I HAVEN'T verified this at my local Ford Dealer yet because the car I need a door data label for isn't ready for the road yet.
l1k2gadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
twocarnuts

There is a company called ECS automotive concepts and they sell reproduction door data tags.
twocarnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
fb93
2010 Donating Member

I didnt know this stuff was reproduced, by anyone. I see ECS have Anti-theft labels for fenders and other body parts listed. Anybody here ever purchase them? Are they the same puffy looking white labels on the fenders and 1/4s? Thier web pic just shows a generic looking black label.
fb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
Diabolus

Anti-theft labels? If someone strips your car, you're never seeing those parts again, labels or not.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
fb93
2010 Donating Member

http://www.ecsvin.com/order.php

Mine are missing from both front fenders and a 1/4 panel. They were trashed in an accident back in 1999 and 2001. I kept one of the original fenders that still has the factory label, and still own the 'stang that fender came from. It would be nice to replace the other labels.

Last edited by fb93; 05-19-2010 at 02:47 PM..
fb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
GTJerry
2010 Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1k2gadd
I replied to another person's thread today on this same thing. I was told by Ford's Customer Service in Dearborn that if you take your car to a Ford dealer and ask the Service Department to order a new door data label for your car they can do it. I HAVEN'T verified this at my local Ford Dealer yet because the car I need a door data label for isn't ready for the road yet.
I tried this and the local Ford part's department told me my 89 was too old - they couldn't get a door tag for that car...bummer.
GTJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #8
mustangmania

I've seen the vin label both on the door and on the door jamb, what is correct?