1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org
Dedicated to the documentation and preservation of
1982-1993 Mustang GT's
since 1994!!
Home | About Us | REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!! | GT Registry Statistics | Info By Year | Reference Gallery
Forums | Classifieds | Interactive Decoders | Production Numbers | GT Articles | Factory Literature | Info Needed | Donations
This message board and web site has been made possible through donations from: List of Contributors THANK YOU!!!!   
1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board  

Welcome to the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board!!

We're glad you're here! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view lists of topics, our GT Registry articles & information and access some of our other FREE features. By joining our community, you will have access to read and post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry Message Board > Restoration and Originality > Decoding
Register FAQ Members List Referrals Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read
Info NEEDED!!REFERENCE GALLERY!!REGISTER your 1982-1993 Mustang GT!!GT Registry StatsInfo By YearAbout Us

Decoding Post your decoding questions here - VINs, door tags, axle tags, buildsheets, part numbers, etc.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
Gecko86

Default Vin # Location??

Where are the Vin Located on the engine and tranny? Is it the whole Vin or Partial? 93 Mustang
Gecko86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #2
bryant99

From what I have been told .Its the hole vin.My uncle built a home made 4 x4 and had the state to inspect it and the numbers on the tranny was on the stolen list a few years before he built the 4x4
Old 06-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
ALMOST STOCK

On the engine it's stamped on the block behind the intake.
There are only 8 #'s used not all of them.

Vin tag riveted to dash

8 Vin #s stamped on back of block
ALMOST STOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #4
Gecko86

Is that an actual pic of your engine vin?
Gecko86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #5
ALMOST STOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko86
Is that an actual pic of your engine vin?
Yes it is.

Last edited by ALMOST STOCK; 06-11-2009 at 10:00 PM..
Old 07-08-2009, 04:46 AM   #6
juni88126

The engine vin is also located on the Block on the bottom lip behind the starter The starter has to be removed to see it since your car is a 93 it should say f3 for 93 or f2 for a 92 block
88 lx Hatchback 460 big block, no name cam, 750 holley carb, offenhouser port-o- sonic intake, thunder jet heads stock 71 bottom end c6 tranny, narrowed 9 inch 3.50 gears. Here is the link to the pictures of the work that has been done http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ct%20stampeed/ It has been getting updated often.

87 mustang gt ttop cruiser car
juni88126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:54 AM   #7
ALMOST STOCK

Sorry I thought you were looking for the Vin# that matches the vehicle Vin#, but it now seems like you were just looking for the ID and not the Vin.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
l1k2gadd

It took quite a bit of work to get to the VIN that is stamped on the back of the block on the 1989 GT convertible parts car's motor that I just bought.

On the top of the block, directly above the top two transmission bellhousing bolts, behind the back of the intake manifold, there is a flat surface that is milled smooth. The last 8 digits (that I found) of the car's VIN number are stamped in the steel back there.

I took a lo-o-ong 1/2" drive ratchet extension, wrapped a long rag around the shaft in a spiral motion, slid the ratchet extension between all of the hoses and wiring on the back of the motor and wiped and wiped the milled surface on the top of the block until I thought it was clean. It took a few tries. Then I worked to get myself over the area and shine a flashlight in there on an angle so I could see the letters and numbers stamped up there.

I found that the motor in the 1989 GT parts convertible that I just bought is the original motor and I found that the motor in my 1992 Summer Edition convertible has been swapped with another 1992 5.0 motor.
l1k2gadd is offline   Reply With Quote