Thread: Ypsi pooper
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 02:14 AM   #7
Augie88GT

Hi John,

We both posted at the same time in this thread. Isn't that weird? I was actually responding to your first post. As I was typing my response, you posted your second post.

You have an interesting theory. But I still think it is an adult, possibly a homeless person who is seriously mentally ill.

Ypsilanti, MI is actually a very blue collar, working class town. Many auto workers live there, and it has a significant minority population.

When I was a graduate student at UM, my aunt's sister (my mother's sister-in-law's sister) live in Ypsilanti. I went to her house a few times because it was only a few miles from my apartment in Ann Arbor. It wasn't a great area. I wouldn't want to live there. And that was 25 years ago. It is probably even worse now.

I loved Ann Arbor. It is 10,000 times better than New York City. When I lived in Ann Arbor, I was "out in the sticks". I lived in a private, off-campus garden apartment that was in a development north of Plymouth Road, which was even further north than the UM's North Campus. That was the "boon docks" back then. I was in the middle of nowhere, right next to a forest. It was really quiet, just the way I like it.

About 80-90% of Ann Arbor was beautiful back then. I would imagine it still is. It has the most expensive real estate in all of Michigan. Of course, it is a college town, with a wildly fluctuating (when school is or is not in session) and transient population. Many college professors, intellectuals, and academics live there. It also has a heavy "international flavor" because so many international students attend the UM. About 80-90% of the people who lived in my development were international students from Asia (China, Korea, India, Pakistan, etc.).