View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #12
Raven68

I'm going to go check the MAF is the proper one as I was only going on what the seller said. Skunk - F2VF-12B579-A2A ? Is that a part number that I would find on the unit then?

The car is a manual with 3.73 gears when we got the 14.013 and still is !

Before this weekend we did a KOEO check as we had the engine fault light coming on and found a broken wire. Fixed that and rough idling engine was fixed. No further codes were present so I'm thinking it likes the MAF? Am wondering - might there be any fault codes now after running 'weak' at the track (No engine check light though). We'll check for fault codes anyway.

mmb617 - like you say we're just down on horsepower by some margin and thats it really. My lad says you can feel it being choked off at the higher rev end...

Need to read up on what makes EFI work better as well....

Thanks guys for your help
Oxford White 1989 GT 5.0 mild cam, roller rockers, headman headers, side exit pipes, de-catted, de-smogged, racing clutch, 3.73 gearing, A/C eliminator, Steeda Tri-ax, Cobra grille insert, 17 x 8 Cobra R rims,45 profile tyres, Wilwood Superlite 6 big brake kit, Roll cage, rear seat delete, MM K Member, MM front lower arms, MM Coilover Koni shocks, MM caster camber plates, Hurst roll control, MSD Pro Billet distributor, MSD Streetfire Coil, FRPP ali rad
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote